[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know how you're able to tell yourself there's good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0149.jpg (110 KB, 421x687) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
110 KB, 421x687
You know how you're able to tell yourself there's good reason to use linux over windows since it has a lot of great programs that you can't use in windows?

Unfortunately, that is going to end very soon as we all know since Ubuntu and its programs are being ported to run natively in windows.

There is literally going to be no reason anymore to run a non windows system. Tis' a sad day indeed.
>>
>>53776387
>windows now supports ELF executables
Oh wow, it's fucking nothing.

Also, didn't know Windows supported Linux' system calls natively......
>>
>>53776387
>since it has a lot of great programs that you can't use in windows?
That's really not even a strength most people consider. You should consider trying the linux environment to see what people see in it. Linux-only software is pretty limited and a miniscule part of what makes Linux what it is
>>
>>53776439
so long as those programs we all know and love like grep, find, cat, pipe, fork, bash, you have all the functionality that linux has sadly.
>>
>>53776502
You could have emulated that functionality already easily. Windows will never be the linux environment
>>
>>53776602
but it's going to be integrated natively with windows now.
And it was a pain to set up before. It's going to be seamless now which is a big deal for me.
>>
>>53776673
Incredible. You get all the powerful functionality of bash. Now you have 1% of the linux environment.
>>
>>53776703
nope. all of POSIX :(
>>
>>53776743
It's alright lad, maybe one day you'll get the rest of the linux environment
>>
>>53776766
but I dont care about the linux kernel. it's meaningless. all that matters to me is GNU
>>
>>53776821
Probably should have stated so in the OP. You might have fooled people into thinking you're an idiot who thinks linux=bash
>>
`
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.