[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of boost? I'm about ready to ditch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: plans-hub-bg.png (60 KB, 930x405) Image search: [Google]
plans-hub-bg.png
60 KB, 930x405
What does /g/ think of boost?

I'm about ready to ditch project fi and switch over to them. I use too much mobile data and I feel like I'm paying too much anyway.
>>
Fi is crazy expensive for moderate to heavy data users... Switch to something else pronto OP...
>>
Boost is great if you live near a city. I regularly use 70gb+ each month on the unlimited lte plan. Speeds aren't the best for me (4-6mbps) but I don't really care since I can use as much data as I want.
>>
I think boost puts into question the quantity over quality question into real world perspective. The networks aren't the fastest but they offer cheap unlimited lte plans (at least for burgerland). I'm currently on cricket and seriously thinking about switching over as well.
>>
The only benefit I can see to project fi's multinetwork usage is if you were living in a place where one or two carriers dominated that area and their pricing was rough like AT&T. All fi does is resell comoditized cell network data like FreedomPop and the other smaller carriers + gives you access to a few wifi hotspots.

The best deal for me in the South East is MetroPCS, a carrier that uses T-Mobiles network. $60 for unlimited LTE with good reception across the State.
>>
>>53769806
Boost is 5$ cheaper though and phones are less expensive too.
>>
I have them, I get ~20 Mbps down/ ~5 Mbps where I live even after using 30GB of data. Of course speeds like mine seem to be rare especially outside of cities.

ignore the 100GB warning thing, just a bar I randomly set.
>>
I don't have them (virgin mobile atm) but I'm glad unlimited lte is getting cheaper.
>>
Boost is prepaid sprint. IMO if you're going to go with shit service (outside major cities) you're better off with T-Mobile's $30 100 voice minutes/unlimited text/5GB of 4G LTE data (throttled after but unlimited).
>>
>>53772252
Boost is still the better choice because of the cheap phones. Does t-mobile have anything to compete with the $20 zte speed or $60 lg volt? Didn't think so. You also get 5GB of data after like a year with boost mobile on the $30 plan anyway.
>>
>>53772409
Forgot to mention, does t-mobile have anything to compete against the $100 warp elite (16gb rom/2gb ram)?
>>
>>53772409
>ZTE speed
I don't even want to look at the specs.

>LG Volt for $60
>1GB RAM
>4.7" display at 960 x 540
>Snapdragon 400
Eck. I think the Galaxy Core Prime is about substantially the same - it's $89.99, but it includes a $40 refill card for your cost of service in that price.

>>53772450
>Forgot to mention, does t-mobile have anything to compete against the $100 warp elite (16gb rom/2gb ram)?
The LG K7 is about the same price but not equal on spec.

Look, I used to be on sprint I know people who are: If you aren't on LTE, Sprint is fucking miserable on speeds. They didn't have any "faux G" step in the middle that succeeded (WiMax fucking died). If your budget is your sole concern then Boost may have the cheapest shit but I have beta tested prepaid devices from more than one manufacturer and they're fucking miserable to deal with - I'd rather craigslist/ebay a former high end device then buy a prepaid device new.
>>
>>53772565
>I don't even want to look at the specs.
specs are actually pretty decent for the price, it's essentially a galaxy core prime but better

>Eck. I think the Galaxy Core Prime is about substantially the same - it's $89.99, but it includes a $40 refill card for your cost of service in that price.
>2,000 mAh battery
>5MP camera
>480p screen
>the same
ayy lmao

>The LG K7 is about the same price but not equal on spec.
Then why the fuck would you mention this piece of shit? It doesn't even have 2GB of RAM, hell the screen is 480p

>Look, I used to be on sprint I know people who are: If you aren't on LTE, Sprint is fucking miserable on speeds. They didn't have any "faux G" step in the middle that succeeded (WiMax fucking died). If your budget is your sole concern then Boost may have the cheapest shit but I have beta tested prepaid devices from more than one manufacturer and they're fucking miserable to deal with - I'd rather craigslist/ebay a former high end device then buy a prepaid device new.
It always depends on coverage of lte and more importantly enhanced lte. Point is boost is the superior choice if you're on a budget or actually want to spend your money wisely.
>>
>>53772409
Well, T-Mobile has Music freedom on that plan, so they have that going for them, which is nice.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.