[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digital Voice Recorders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 132645.jpg (52 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
132645.jpg
52 KB, 1000x1000
Kind of want one. Does /g/ own one?
>>
i bought one at a yard sale, but I haven't really used it because it has no USB connectivity

i wanted to record samples for my plunderphonic sound collage/glitch project
>>
>>53761416
Necessity for university
>>
>>53761416
I have a tape cassette one that takes mini cassettes. Good times...

Why would you get one now days though?
>>
>>53761654
Lectures, meetings.

But I've graduated college so I really can't think of a use for one other than recording notes to myself. I wonder how useful that'd actually be.
>>
>>53761723
dont most unis upload lectures online for students now days?

also you could just use the recordere on your phone, thats what i do to beats to make later on (playing them back sounds awful though)
>>
surprised how clear the audio is...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006R3231I
>>
How is the voice recorder function on the clip+?
is it suitable for this sort of thing>
>>
>>53761763
>dont most unis upload lectures online for students now days?
Not by a long shot, friend. Less than 0.1% I'd wager.
>>
>>53761899
Damn, guess Im just lucky then.
>>
>>53761723
I carry a pen and notepad. More useful imo.
>>
>>53762486
but its not water resistant to an ip68 standard so no ty
>>
My phone does this with a cheap 5$ microphone I plug into the headphone jack
>>
>>53762605
Are you more likely to lose an idea because you soaked your notepad, or because it requires text/symbols/pictures to make sense?
>>
>>53762664
you can easily explain a symbol, since a symbol is just an abbreviation really. If its music you can hum and transcribe later.

Also the former, what happens when your notepad is submerged at a depth greater than 1 metre for longer than 30 minutes?
>>
>>53762687
You've got me on the music, and if that's the main idea of course the recorder wins. I mainly use mine for math, random notes, recently for code ideas. Both of those are more easily understood written than spoken. I also tend to think spatially so I'm prone to make pictures. In addition, it's faster to flip through and review a notepad, dog-ear pages and all that, than to find a recording unless you title and save every one on a computer. Even then, you better hope the title you chose associates with whatever you're looking for, otherwise you're opening and listening to every single thing. It's way too much work.

>what happens when your notepad is submerged at a depth greater than 1 metre for longer than 30 minutes?
Lol guess i'm at a loss there.
For a real answer, if I'm camping or something and I've got a lot on the pad worth keeping I'd put it in a plastic bag.

Btw most phones come with a program for voice recording, why not just use that?
>>
>>53762819
yeah thats what i was on about, using phones is a better idea, and theyre conform to the ip68 standard in some cases.

Of course i also carry a notebook for real ideas. Why not hae the best of both worlds?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.