[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 267px-Fedora_logo.svg.png (13 KB, 267x267) Image search: [Google]
267px-Fedora_logo.svg.png
13 KB, 267x267
Recent thread got me to re-try Fedora and damn, it's wonderful. Thanks /g/! Oh, and I'd probably still give Fedora a pass if it weren't for Fedy automating a lot of the shit that I can't be bothered with.
>>
>>53754431
it is great, I personally use gentoo but I rec fedora for anyone new to linux (or non-programmers)
>>
>>53754525
fell for that gentoo meme
>>
>>53754525
Next thing I know I'm going to get someone telling me that Fedora is broken and buggy.

I'm fucking sick of this shit
>>
>>53754628
I had a lot of issues with GNOME on fedora (been using since 21), but once I switched to Xfce it has been smooth sailing.
>>
>>53754535
I've tried a lot of distros and I'm happiest with this one right now. Why so mad you can't use anything beyond Ubuntu?
>>
Any issue I've had with Fedora was due to Gnome. And even there Fedora contribute a lot to it, they're the best for-profit dealing with Linux today.
>>
I think Fedora it a great distro if you want something that werks but at the same time it doesn't always work since it's repository doesn't have some of the most important packages (like Chromium)
>>
>>53754628
Plasma 5 is the only acceptable DE
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.