[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Tech people who were successful despite hardly knowing/doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: rose.jpg (71 KB, 598x540) Image search: [Google]
rose.jpg
71 KB, 598x540
ITT: Tech people who were successful despite hardly knowing/doing anything
>>
>>53753400
pretty much all of them. all the tech companies are built on a bunch of engineers managed by competent businesspeople.

all the successful companies in the world are built on a bunch of workers managed by competent businesspeople.

get over this chip on your shoulder, /g/.
>>
File: ????.jpg (88 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
????.jpg
88 KB, 960x768
>>
>>53753477
Literally who?
>>
>>53753999
He's the founder of reddit.
>>
>>53754040
Literally what?
>>
>>53754228
It's like snapchat but you can take screenshots
>>
>>53754228
it's that site you have open in another tab
>>
Some guy at my high school made $1,000 in a summer job when he was 14 and quickly invested it all in Bitcoin because he "thought it was cool". He ended up selling the Bitcoin currency later for $100,000 and used it to hire 10 Pajeets for his own startup.
>>
>>53754444
Quads of truth.

But you forgot to add: his startup failed, he filed for bankruptcy and he essentially wasted most the bitbux.
>>
>>53754444
>Some guy at my high school made $1,000 in a summer job when he was 14 and quickly invested it all in Bitcoin because he "thought it was cool". He ended up selling the Bitcoin currency later for $100,000 and used it to hire 10 Pajeets for his own startup.
Q U A D S
U
A
D
S
>>
File: Eric bauman.png (44 KB, 149x180) Image search: [Google]
Eric bauman.png
44 KB, 149x180
>>
>>53754498
His startup did fail. He made the website into a shitty forum since the idea never took off. He's using the remainder of the bitbux to travel. Last I heard, he took his 19 year old gf to a Trump rally in Utah.
>>
>>53754434
>not using the iPhone app for reddit
>>
Digg was just another messageboard. If someone wants to give him $60m for that, thats their own fault for being retard
>>
File: pud.jpg (29 KB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
pud.jpg
29 KB, 376x376
>>53753400
>>
>>53753400
kevin rose is a failure. digg was the biggest site of its kind back in the day, and it couldve occupied the position currently held by reddit if kevin rose didn't monumentally fuck it up.

reddit was an amateurish knockoff that only rose to prominence in the power vacuum left by the fall of digg. Fuck kevin rose.
>>
File: stoopid.jpg (6 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
stoopid.jpg
6 KB, 199x253
>>53753400
The lesser of the Steves. This guy was an enormous asshole as well
>>
>>53757843
I never liked the guy, but I saw a video of him when he was like 20 something and damn, dude was quite smart for his age. And he had immense manipulative skills by that age already. Just look it up on youtube, there are some vids with him when he started his company.
This probably deserves its own thread.
>>
>>53754613
> tfw I also did this and only earned $100 because friends and family brainwashed me out of it
I had enough to have $5m but those fucks made me sell
>>
>>53757824
reddit's commenting system was better than digg's... even back in 2006. When they added then allowed for custom specialized subreddits, the sky was the limit.

Digg on the other hand was just a combination of a message board and bash.org's ingenious voting system.
>>
The IRS gonna rape that boi pussy
>>
>>53757843

give credit where credit is due - he was good at PR and salesmanship. anything that came out of his ass the army iLemmings lapped up without question.
>>
>>53758220
he was also good a slave whipping his the programmers working for him. He was even a dick to Woz.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.