[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm reinstalling windows on my dualboot, and I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1454667995092.png (18 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1454667995092.png
18 KB, 800x400
I'm reinstalling windows on my dualboot, and I'm currently running 8. Is it better to go back to 7? I liked it better in almost every way, but I'm not sure if I'm missing some security issues.
>>
>>53746042
Go back to 7
>>
>>53746063
thanks this pretty much settles it
>>
>>53746042
There is the same security issues between W7 and W8.
If you really want to stay safe, uninstall the botnet updates.
>>
>>53746042
There's no going back, only going forward!
Follow the evolution and install the superior windows 10.

Or go with xUbuntu as I did
>>
>>53746042
our of curiosity, what do you do on windows that you can't on linux?

for me it used to be games, but I can't enjoy them anymore for some reason so I made the full switch to linux
>>
>>53746042
Just install 10, it's the best yet.
>>
>>53746473
kill yourself
>>
Can I ask a question about the installation process? I'm having some problems.
>>53746459
Games, MS office (I'm not sure how word/excel/project files can be used on linux that's why I put it in the list), some high intensity software (for me it's engineering stuff) and things like that. Windows seems like the go to platform for professional and gaming related "tools".
>>
>>53746491
>Games
Can't argue with you there if you still enjoy them. Windows has way better games.

>MS office (I'm not sure how word/excel/project files can be used on linux that's why I put it in the list)
There's libreoffice and openoffice both of which can save to ms formats

>some high intensity software (for me it's engineering stuff) and things like that.
No linux alternatives? That sucks.

Only reason I'm bringing this up is I know I prefer having only one OS on my machine.

>Can I ask a question about the installation process? I'm having some problems.
What problems?
>>
>>53746459
I have a lot of specialty software for work that only runs on windows. That's why I dual boot
>>
>>53746576
on my personal computer I don't need to have any of that software, so I only have linux, my work computer has windows only.

personally, I feel like it's a nice way to separate work from home.
>>
>>53746459
Linux is unstable, get over it. I'm hoping the new Ubuntu will fix most issues but idk.
>>
File: DSC_0141[1].jpg (834 KB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0141[1].jpg
834 KB, 3104x1746
>>53746549
Sorry for the late reply but the softwares I was talking about are things like AutoCAD, spacegass, eTabsetc. They civil engineering design and analysis softwares we use often in the office (I don't have a job yet but I was learning the softwares at home before my pc fucked up).

pic related is the problem. I was installing win 7 to my new build.
>>
>>53746616
That is a good idea actually.
>>
>>53746686
oh shit I've had this exact problem before and can't remember the solution.

Maybe it's in my history somewhere, just a second.
>>
>>53746771
np mate
>>
>>53746781
>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/a-required-cddvd-device-driver-is-missing-usb/61eda679-66cc-4512-b175-d02871394461?auth=1

>When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.

have you tried this?

>>53746765
yeah, I like it.

>>53746686
>They civil engineering design and analysis softwares we use often in the office (I don't have a job yet but I was learning the softwares at home before my pc fucked up).

I see, you're learning the software for work (where you won't be allowed to use linux alternatives)
>>
>>53746781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIqKs6gi2g

this was the last thing in my history before I stopped googling, so it must have solved the problem
>>
>>53746814
Yup, I tried that option. I plugged into USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB 1.0 ports.

>I see, you're learning the software for work (where you won't be allowed to use linux alternatives)
Yeah it could be useful for me for both work and job searching when I put it on my resume.
>>
>>53746862
Cool thanks bro. I'll have a look at it. I gotta go for dinner soon so I'll that a little but I'll definately report back.
>>
>>53746885
>>53746862
Same anon here. Do I just put the drivers on the USB after I make it bootable?
>>
>>53746955
>>53746862
This stuff doesn't work.
>>
>>53746063

/thread
>>
File: Whoooa.gif (504 KB, 334x252) Image search: [Google]
Whoooa.gif
504 KB, 334x252
OMG!!!! This makes me ......
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.