[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy crapware, how is this even legal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (72 KB, 508x1308) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72 KB, 508x1308
Holy crapware, how is this even legal?
>>
>>53745727
All of the Microsoft bloatware?
Or the Candy Crush app installed?

You agreed to the TOS. So it's legal. Besides, it's not mandatory so you can uninstall it. This is a non-issue.
>>
>>53745727
>Candy Crush Soda Saga
KEK
>>
>>53745895
this, you agreed to it
>>
>>53746153
>125mb for Candy Crush
KEK
>>
>>53745895
/thread
>>
your laws don't apply here
>>
>Get-appxpackage -allusers | Remove-appxpackage
Problem solved
>>
>>53745727
Wow that's a shitload of useless crap.
>>
I hope you're just complaining about fucking candy crush and not the suite of normal everyday shit that Windows 7 lacked, like a fucking simple webcam program
>>
>>53745895
The law supersedes TOS, obviously.
>>
>>53747209
Every Microsoft application below Candy Crush in OP's pic is trash.
>>
>>53747236
>Solitaire
>shit
Anon please
>>
>>53745727

My guess? Candy Crush probably has rather poor image optimization. Like, all its assets are .PNG type poor.
>>
File: kk.jpg (32 KB, 250x302) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
32 KB, 250x302
>he cant get rid of windows bloat
>>
>>53747217
And what law are they breaking, anon?
>>
>>53747251
Don't forget music and sound effects. Lots of voice clips and swishes and explosions.
>>
>>53745727
Okay, I know Office and Skype - what's Started?
>>
>>53747258
DURPADUR THE LAW TO NOT GIVE ME SOFTWARE ON MY SOFTWARE CD

>>53747272
It's the lesser known companion app to updog
>>
>>53747272
>being this retarded
>>
>>53747249
Solitaire with full screen ads every 30 seconds that is.

>>53747258
Maybe something similar to what happened with the including Intern Explorer case. Still if they put something illegal in their TOS it doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>53747236
The only one that doesn't make sense to me is "Microsoft Wifi". The rest is shit you should expect buying an operating system that uses the Microsoft ecosystem, and normal fucking operating system applications like a video player and music player.
Android, iOS/OSX literally all come with comparable apps preinstalled.
>>
>>53745895
>You agreed to the TOS. So it's legal.
You actually can't be this retarded- can you?
>>
>>53745727
M$ being late to the "App Store" model

>late like everything else they do
>>
>>53747316
If they say in the TOS that they can take your house, and you agree it, then there's no legal issue for them to take your house.
>>
>>53747326
and poor Linux somehow had a fucking system for installing apps from an internet repo for decades and never made anything really amazing of it on the level of the app store.
It's a failure on the level of Sears not becoming Amazon.
>>
>2016
>doesn't have minimal/net install flavor
>>
>>53747333
>We'll add 1 year to your life FOR FREE!!!!!!

>however we may or may not at some point during that year come and rape two to four people that are close to you

>
>
>

<FOR FREE!!!!
>>
>>53747282
I see. I'm also unfamiliar with the updog application. May I inquire what it does? Besides giving you a perfect setup for a 100-year old joke?
>>
>>53747339
I bet none of them were riddled with ads.
>>
>>53747309
The apps I were referring to are not in the category core apps like a media player (instead of a trial music service, see the difference?).

I would uninstall each of those apps immediately, I don't expect trash to come with my OS because I don't use trash OSes.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>53747356
Hah!
Gottem.

>>53747375
And they never will be! because Linux still won't have any monetization for developers.
>>
>>53747409
>shilling OS ads on /g/
>>
>>53747385
Groove music is a music player that also offers streaming, like Apple Music or Google Play music. Like it or not, streaming music is a core feature of operating systems past 2010.
They still work just fine at managing offline libraries and playing those, too.
All in under 200kb!

You can uninstall them all with literally one entry in command line, less than it would take in a Linux terminal to uninstall shitware like Firefox, Thunderbird and Pidgin and install an actually good browser.

>>53747424
>iOS has freemium & paid apps
>Android has freemium & paid apps
>Windows 10 has freemium & paid apps
>OSX has freemium & paid apps
>Linux is free or nothing, with the exception of manchildware like Steam
Keep wondering why people don't want to make an OS that actually works for free.
>>
>>53747355
I hope they rape my sister and I get to watch :3
>>
>>53747472
Wow, you're the worst kind. I'll bite.
Name ONE freemium app that does something useful and doesn't have a free alternative.
>>
>>53747489
Streaming music?
>>
>>53747472
>Groove Music
>Good
>The same program that locks you out of your own music files because it constantly deems they're pirated or not licensed in your country
ayyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>53745727
Don't you have that music "production" app when you can construct dubstep from prerecorded parts? Dat's one of the top keks in windauz10
>>
>>53747517
MAGIX doesn't come with Windows 10, your laptop came with it.

>>53747507
Can you source that
>>
>>53747539
It's not magix. I don't remember exact name at the moment.
>>
>>53747501
There's Mpd, newpipe, websites etc.

Shilling Windows default ads and trials is like shoving poison in your ass and then starting to shill to people who don't.
>>
>>53747333
This is what americlaps really believe. What a bunch of cucks
>>
>>53747283
>being this retarded
>>
>>53747539
Lots of forum posts like this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/how-to-uninstall-groove-musinc-player-app-and-make/11f90098-f456-4e38-b953-6ed001f68d06

We get some in /g/ as well from time to time.
>>
>>53747561
A YouTube front-end (Ever heard of Google ads and Youtube Red?) and just websites..
Jesus Christ.

The only one that makes sense here is MPD and that's hardly comparable because of plain content differences. There's no streaming services for desktop Linux because nobody would pay for it. Even the spotify client is quickly getting abandoned.
Ubuntu ONE had a music store and nobody used it. If they did it would have likely expanded into streaming by now.
Linux is like the Android freeware problem to the nth degree.
>>
>>53747489
Not him, but Skype.
>>
>Microsoft wi-fi
What the fuck?
>>
>>53747737
There's tons of messaging and calling replacements.
>>
>>53747675
>implying grove music is more than a glorified webview
The Spotify client is DRM-ridden and proprietary, it is not something a user should want to run, but they don't know better.

If you want to stream music set up your own free streaming, or stream music from torrents through parsing Kat's json api, piping the magnet to peerflix -k. Or download your music through youtube-dl. There's so many things you can do without refraining to proprietary malware, what is it that you exactly want?
>>
>>53747737
Like Jitsi?
>>
>>53747788
>Set up your own! Parse a json api and magnet links to stream from public trackers, or download from FUCKING YOUTUBE!
Lemme just check if it's seeded on KAT.. Nope. Sure, I can stream from a private tracker, this sounds like a great way to keep my seeding ratio high (it doesn't)

They come literally 'bloated' in with every other modern operating system, why should I have to do all this just to stream music that isn't 24kbps from youtube or some equally shitty 4shared site

The fact that you've begun to shill FOSS philosophy tells me you're just going for responses now.
>>
>>53747487
>only wanting to watch

pleb cuck pls
>>
>>53747852
Torrents actually allow for better quality than you stock streaming service will provide, and youtube-dl can download from more sites than YouTube, and YouTube's audio quality goes up to 192kpbs which is similar to what your average ad ridden streaming service does, and adblockers actually allow for using streaming websites without having to listen to ads. You might see the stock adware streaming as a viable alternative, but I'm rather sure that's just lack of knowledge of alternatives.
>>
>>53747957
Higher quality that you won't be able to download because of being unseeded.

192kbps recording of a 128kbs stereo mp3 that's been traded since the Limewire and Kazaa days.

Using adblock on a streaming website would work, and that's about it. Still a far cry from Grooveshark.
>>
>>53748008
And then again, your streaming service's client is a locked down black box.
You can't batch manage your songs if the client or service doesn't support it, and in most cases it won't. You can't build in your own functionality, you can't use it in your own services, you can't push the downloaded music to your phone, or to your server. The client is a very restricted black box. If you're tech literate you're certainly better off with just downloading the music yourself instead.
>>
>>53747355
Then don't accept to the TOS. No one told you to use Windows.
>>
>>53748213
So few computers come with a non-Windos OS
>>
>>53747284
>Solitaire with full screen ads every 30 seconds that is.
at this point i can't tell if that's a joke or not
>>
Less crapware than Linux. Just uninstall the garbage you don't want,
>>
>>53747333
False. ToS get shot down in court all the time when they try to go against established laws.
>>
>>53747333
>If they say in the TOS that they can murder your wife, and you agree it, then there's no legal issue for them to murder your wife.
>>
>>53749869
Lol no
http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-solitaire-requires-a-subscription-to-remove-ads/
>>
>>53751720
man am i glad i jumped off the windows ship years ago
>>
>>53751720
>not even a one time payment
Holy fuck is it April 1st yet?
>>
>>53745727
Probably not if you're in one of those faggot European countries that constantly use non-issues to sue tech giants because they're cunts.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.