[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 free upgrade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: windows-10.jpg (33 KB, 647x450) Image search: [Google]
windows-10.jpg
33 KB, 647x450
So I just took the Windows 10 free upgrade and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Windows 10 is much faster than my old Windows 7 install. I had some driver problems when I was running Windows 7 but Windows 10 fixed them from me. Also I really like the new look and appstore that Windows 10 has. Why does everyone here hate Windows 10 so much? All in all I think it's a pretty decent upgrade and I have to thank Microsoft for that.
>>
>>53745164
Yeah I agree with you. Windows 10 has been nothing but good for me. Microsoft may have messed up Windows 8, but Windows 10 is just so much better.
>>
>>53745185
Windows 10 = bretty gud for me
I don't understand the mindless hate either.
It's the fastest, most secure, and best operating system of 2016.
>>
>>53745164
Windows 10 is free and great and the so called spying/privacy issues are way overhyped.
>>
File: get out.png (159 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
get out.png
159 KB, 500x500
>windows 10
>>
>>53745203
People don't realize all the telemetry stuff can be disabled anyway. There is no "spying" in Windows 10 lol.
>>
how many parajeets are there?
honestly tho i bootcamp win 10 on my macbook and it's pretty good. the only proble i have is that it doesn't scale as well as os x and the trackpad is shitty but that's apple's fault for not releasing a good driver
>>
>>53745164
I've been loving Windows 10 so far too. It's just so much better performing, better looking, more polished, and an all-around superior product. I'm happy to see Microsoft finally managed to get things right.
>>
Daily windows shill thread
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
>>53745164
And? What is your point? I don't think that anyone gives a shit about it. Here's your (You)
>>
>>53745230
more like 15 minutely
>>
File: harold 07.jpg (29 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
harold 07.jpg
29 KB, 450x320
>>53745164
Compared to Windows 8 10 feels like a decent improvement, but compared to other OSX or even GNU/Linux it's very sloppy/disjointed and just horrible to use.
>>
>>53745217
>People don't realize all the telemetry stuff can be disabled anyway. There is no "spying" in Windows 10 lol.
No it can't.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/02/09/windows-10-data-tracking-spying-levels/

Please educate yourself, https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10
>>
Windows 10 is free and great. I haven't had any problems with it so far, compared to constant blue-screen errors when I was using OSX.
>>
>>53745240
nice troll attempt, but those are just sensationalized, clickbait articles.
>>
>>53745164
$1 has been deposited in your account at the New Deli bank of India, Thank you for doing business with us Ragesh
>>
>>53745164
3/10 if trolling
6/10 if shilling
>>
>>53745257
you what ninja?
>>
>>53745164
Am loving Windows 10 so far too! It feels so much more modern and advanced compared to Windows 7.
>>
Need to get me a copy of w10 but I don't have windows 7, 8 or 8.1 at least not originals. And I ain't willing to pay the dollars for it. Windows 10 is definitely not free.
>>
>>53741805
>>
>>53745164
Windows 10 is great. The latest update to it adds a linux kernel that sits side by side the Windows 10 (XNU) kernel so you no longer need cygwin to have a Linux environment. There is now no reason for me to run linux. I even opened up wireshark to make sure it wasnt spying and just like i thought everyone was lying about the botnet stuff
>>
Born in raised with just using Windows, this has been as good as XP in my opinion.

Now is it better than other Linux distributions when it comes to being as fluid and resource friendly? I would have to disagree. I got Kubuntu 15.04 to run like butter on a laptop that could hardly run Win7 efficiently. Even then, it wasn't hard to learn to use the terminal, and it's adjustable for *your* use.

However, I still use Win10 on my main rig because I game on it. Also because my family gets on it and I don't want to reteach them a whole new OS.
>>
File: IMG_20160213_220921-1.png (113 KB, 327x332) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160213_220921-1.png
113 KB, 327x332
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, NORMAL 4CHAN USER, YOU ARE STUCK IN A SHILL THREAD CREATED BY MICROSOFT. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN. STICK TO ANY OTHER WINDOWS OS OR LINUX DISTRO OR MAC OS YOU ALREADY HAVE, DO NOT GET WANGBLOWS 10
>>
>>53745164
My brother's wireless card in his laptop mysteriously stopped working shortly after the Windows 10 update. Windows picks it up as having malfunctioned and disabled it.

Rolling back to Windows 8 didn't fix it either.

Also Windows 10 installs a lot of bloat and sticks all that bloat into your Start Menu even if you cleaned it off Metro in Windows 8 which is fucking shit.
>>
>Keylogger: the OS

not saying any other windows is better in this regard, but at least they have the god damn courtesy to do it secretly, instead of asking you "do you want windows to send all your data, ever to MS?" with no option to turn it off.
>>
>>53745203
>overhyped
That's the wrong word for what you're trying to say.
Unless people are literally cheering Microsoft on for spying on them
>>
>>53746440
>>53746416
>>53746367
nice shitposting
But most people can agree with me that Windows 10 is pretty good and doesn't have these problems.
>>
Please... stop it /g/. You're scaring me. I cant tell if the shills are trolling or not and im afraid.
>>
>>53746925
No shills* here, friend. Windows 10â„¢ is the greatest OS I've ever used*!
>>
>>53745164
> Why does everyone here hate Windows 10 so much?
Microsoft Edge

It's still garbage, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>53746980
The Edge browser is pretty good I like it more than Chrome.
>>
>>53746830
>But most people can agree with me that Windows 10 is pretty good and doesn't have these problems.
I don't think most people can.

Certainly most people can talk without you speaking for them.
>>
>>53747002
I agree with you. Edge is a lot faster and it uses less memory.
>>
>>53747015
I've been using Windows 10 since the beta and I have had no problems with it. It's pretty good and it's also free.
>>
>>53747015
I don't have any problems with Windows 10. In fact, windows 7 was a lot more buggy for me, while windows 10 has been very smooth.
>>
>>53747015
I agree to disagree. Windows 10 is a lot better than 7 or 8 in my opinion.
>>
I like it less than 7 but overall not bad at all.
>>
File: POO IN THE LOO.jpg (327 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
POO IN THE LOO.jpg
327 KB, 2000x1000
>>53745164
>>
Disagree. I've had tons of issues with win ten literally crapping the bed depending on the hardware; issues I never had with 7 or earlier. These issues are across the board, the sort of thing caused by them forcing updates. I love getting a blue-screen instead of a prompt to update. I don't even want to discuss how much work I have lost to this garbage. I have to keep using it due to reasons I'm not going to bother listing, but if you haven't had issues yet, just wait. They'll come eventually. At least 7 was relatively stable...
>>
>>53745164
>Windows 10 is much faster than my old Windows 7 install.
That it is. 8.1 > 10 > 7 in terms of speed in my experience, particularly on hardware old enough that you'll feel much difference. They optimized resource usage and especially boot times in 8.1, and those changes have carried over to 10.

>I had some driver problems when I was running Windows 7 but Windows 10 fixed them from me.
A reinstall of 7 would have the same effect.

>Also I really like the new look and appstore that Windows 10 has.
The app store is nice in principle. However almost all the apps in it are crap, and almost all the actually worthwhile programs aren't in it because they're normal win32/64 desktop programs and the store only carries Metro apps.

>Why does everyone here hate Windows 10 so much? All in all I think it's a pretty decent upgrade and I have to thank Microsoft for that.
It's nice in many ways, but there are a few sticking points that are keeping many of us on 7 or 8.1:

- Forced updates. This doesn't sound too bad, but it's russian roulette. Occasionally Windows Update will push a driver update that either nerfs performance or breaks stuff. Also get used to the occasional notification telling you that some program is not compatible with the new update and has been uninstalled -- though usually you can just install it again and it'll work absolutely fine. Also don't walk away without saving everything you care about since the system sometimes decides to reboot on its own, overriding programs screaming at it to wait while they try to prompt to save changed files. Even if you have Pro, Windows still thinks it knows better than you and won't let you opt out of an update forever.

- Telemetry. Again, doesn't sound bad, though dumps it sends may contain sensitive information. I've also seen it eat enough CPU to be quite a nuisance on some systems.

- The new start menu is nicer than the Win8 start screen, but still not as functional and flexible as the one in Win7.
>>
>>53745230
I've only been using /g/ for the past couple months but I have never seen shilling on such a massive scale.

Or is this just a pastab8 to b8 all pastas?
>>
>>53745164
Yeah Windows 10 is awesome. My games run a lot better and best of all it's free.
>>
aesthetically; windows 10 just doesnt get it
>>
>>53747427
it's a mess, it doesn't follow a single design language and is just a mishmash of old and new designs just because (in microsoft's eyes) windows users are too retarded to be able to get used to something completely new
>>
My opinion on Windows 10:

+It's fast. Not faster like some people say than 7 or 8.1, but not slower. I have a tablet that was fairly slow with 8.1, it's not any faster with 10 after doing a clean installation. Same with my desktop computer.
+Haven't had it crash on me once yet. That's actually ok.
+Snap to edge is better, now works with multimonitor setups fine
+Task view is another nice thing that is never as good as mission control is in OSX but still a good attempt
+It's basically the first time where people can actually see that the feedback from users has been helpful towards the making of this, even if it's a tiny portion
+Has 0 problems with hardware that's not ancient
+DX12 proves better results with emulation than anything else at the moment

-It still has the same crappy font rendering
-It still has some terrible scaling as well
-Icons are the same shit, now with flat colors
-Forced updates
-Because of this, every "big" update will break custom themes
-Default theme is too fucking white and squarey, kinda like Windows 3.1. Title bar color on windows and having only modern UI elements in dark mode isn't helping
-It still has the same crappy font rendering
-Regardless of spying, the services it provides to you aren't even that good (it tries to force bing on you when you use google all the way)
-Half of the promised features aren't there at all
-The inconsistency between different elements is real
-File manager remains as shitty
-It still needs an antivirus running on the background wasting resources for shit

I've been using Windows versions since 2000, but I really don't want this to be my main operating system. It has cool features and all but I can now use a linux distro or hackintosh with no trouble.
>>
>>53747554
>-It still has the same crappy font rendering
Biggest reason to use bitmaps with cleartype and subpixels off.
>>
>>53745164
>>53741805
>>
Friendly reminder to report and hide obvious Windblows 10 threads :^)

>stupid streetshitters
>>
>>53747577
Sorry I don't wanna lose my eyesight, I'm not 30 still
>>
bait
>>
File: sux-the-sea-cucumber.jpg (450 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sux-the-sea-cucumber.jpg
450 KB, 1600x1200
It's a shame Windows 10 spies on you. It's a really good OS but the fucking spying shit is what kills it completely for me. It's good, but it's not worth it.
>>
>>53745164
You shills are on the wrong board. No one here is going to fall for this.
>>
File: why.png (55 KB, 301x619) Image search: [Google]
why.png
55 KB, 301x619
>that aero like border

perfection ruined thanks microsoft
>>
File: Amused_Teal'c.jpg (24 KB, 616x465) Image search: [Google]
Amused_Teal'c.jpg
24 KB, 616x465
>>53747660
i do not find this humorous oneill
>>
Can someone help me configure the USE flags? And how can I get the entire GNU system working properly in this GNU/NT system?
>>
>>53747660
Oh for fucks cut it out. Windows 10 doesn't spy on you. It's the most secure and private operating system you can use. Jesus Christ what a shitpost.
>>
>>53745164
The mods need to ban Pajeet already. His consistent advertising is become unbearable.
>>
>>53745185
Windows 10 is basically just Windows 8.2

the only thing wrong with Windows 8 is metro, and you can fix that with Classic Shell. Windows 8 is what introduced all the performance increases in the first place
>>
File: microsoft, everybody.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
microsoft, everybody.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
>>53745185
>>53745164
>>
still not even close to Ubuntu or mac in reliability or speed because of how much resources it takes on a computer i dont know why people dont go open source
>>
this fucking thread again
>>
i r8 windows 10/10 m8 no h8
>>
>>53745257
Toplel
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.