[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna be switching from iOS to android. Anything I should know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 360x360
Gonna be switching from iOS to android. Anything I should know that normie sites don't cover?
>>
use microg instead of google play services
use f-droid and aptoide
use clover to browse 4chinz
>>
File: imgpsh_fullsize.png (1 MB, 1600x1592) Image search: [Google]
imgpsh_fullsize.png
1 MB, 1600x1592
>>53744637
yes.
>>
>>53744666
Ignore this guy. Stick to the Play store unless you really need freedumbz, then you can enable installing apps from outside sources. It's the number one source of Android infections.
>>
>>53744715
F-Droid is safer than the play store.
>>
>>53744637
Are you into BDSM for doing such masochism?
>>
>>53744803
You have no idea

>>53744715
It's easy to not be a dipshit and download things that aren't. Even then, aren't there antivirus programs and such?
>>
>>53744715
>Stick to the Play store unless you really need freedumbz,

You gain massive performance benefits by removing google play services, and installing a fresh new rom.
>>
>root phone
>install custom ROM of your choosing
>overclock phone
>remove ads

Fucking pleb
>>
Why do people even bother to say "switching"? It's just a fucking phone, who cares?
>>
>>53745097

Can you do this and still use mainstream apps?
>>
be ready for an unresponsive and laggy ui. you can post in homescreen threads now tho so that's a plus
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 600x580
>>53745151
i mean you could but why would you want to?
>>
>>53745159
>laggy ui
Sorry you have a shitty $20 chinaphone
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.