[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pair programming a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 4iqtunlf.hji.jpg (53 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
4iqtunlf.hji.jpg
53 KB, 720x478
Is pair programming a meme?
>>
I'd meme all over that pair
>>
>>53738361
This
>>
>>53738383
This
>>
>>53738327
Pair programming should only be used for educational purposes. Any other reason and it's just a waste of time.
>>
>not being ga- ahh fuck it i love titties
>>
>>53738327

An iOS contract shop in Toronto was huge into pair programming. They'd hire fresh grads who didn't know any better, then make them pair program to stop them from slacking off.

The devs learned a lot, but it was weird working with them afterwards. Engineers thought that they had to ask permission to go on bathroom breaks.
>>
>>53738327
Yes.

The more people that work on a program the worse it becomes.
>>
>>53738327
only if it's expected that there will be equal contribution.

if one does most of the writing and bounces ideas off the other/gets the other to write the parts they struggle with, it can be successful. When both need to pore over every line...fuck that.
>>
>>53738400
This
>>
pair programming is made to bring the dating scene to the computer nerds
>>
File: 1.jpg (85 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
85 KB, 707x500
>>53739363
>The more people that work on a program the worse it becomes.
this. recently someone put database methods into the util class I made
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 622x626
ITT: Lonely neckbeards who can't play nice with other people
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.