[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you summarize?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: LaTeX.png (248 KB, 1679x1049) Image search: [Google]
LaTeX.png
248 KB, 1679x1049
What method do you use to summarize lecture slides in order to study them afterwards? I always use TeX because once you are pro in it there is nothing faster, especially when you have lots of variables/equations (Word is a pain). I use it mostly for semi-mathematical text-summaries and learn equations by writing them down by hand. I can't read through large blocks of text written by hand, my mind goes crazy. TeX on the other hand is nicely formatted.
>>
what's wrong with your start menu?
>>
>>53738198
Just download the powerpoint you retard.
>>
> he studies slides

top kek
>>
>>53738198
>Use LaTeX because muh typography.
>Still uses \underline to emphasize text in a text designed for print.
>>
>>53738198

You do it all in plain TeX ?
>>
>>53738198
>He turns basic tasks into programming assignments
>>
>>53738198
org-mode, then export to tex if needed.
>>
>>53738278
nothing, its Win7 set to classic and I installed one of the old color themes from before win7

>>53738288
powerpoint is filled with clutter, I mostly summarize the text part that is likely to be asked in interpretation/intuition questions on the exam, the other mathematical part I study by hand and go through exercises / problem sets.

>>53738312
what's wrong with \underline, its just how I learned it and it stuck with me

>>53738317
I have a template with all the usepackage stuff on top, then I just start typing in the document area, I never use any buttons or anything, I just type the code. Pretty easy and actually almost as fast if not faster than Word.
>>
>>53738367
>powerpoint is filled with clutter, I mostly summarize the text part that is likely to be asked in interpretation/intuition questions on the exam, the other mathematical part I study by hand and go through exercises / problem sets.
So in other words, "I can't understand things."
>>
>>53738367
>what's wrong with \underline, its just how I learned it and it stuck with me
It's a typographical faux pas. You simply don't do it. If you need to emphasize text use \textit or \textbf. \underline is something you do in handwriting, not in print. You have all those appropriate possibilities, you better use them.
>>
>>53738385
No, stuff like 3 slides about AR(p) and MA(q) models, which I already know inside out from other classes I took, I just filter the information I need for the exam, and compress probably 300-400 pages of PDF to about 15 to study by heart for the exam. The approach works for me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.