[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech you expected to hate but ended up liking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ipad-pro-1_3497578b.jpg (31 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
ipad-pro-1_3497578b.jpg
31 KB, 620x410
We have lot's of threads about tech that we were hyped for ending up to be complete shit, so let's have it the other way around.

My gf bought an iPad pro recently with the ''Apple Pencil'', at first I was pissed at her buying gimmicky Apple shit, expected it to be as bad as N-Trig, but ended up loving that thing. It's a really good stylus for drawing and the big screen is perfect for that. It feels almost as good as Wacoms Cintiq tablets, Apple actually nailed this thing and I wasn't expecting it.

I feel dirty.
>>
File: 1456423696941.jpg (108 KB, 1000x615) Image search: [Google]
1456423696941.jpg
108 KB, 1000x615
>>53736451
>iPad
>>
>>53736451
>My gf bought an iPad pro recently with the ''Apple Pencil'', at first I was pissed at her buying gimmicky Apple shit, expected it to be as bad as N-Trig, but ended up loving that thing. It's a really good stylus for drawing and the big screen is perfect for that. It feels almost as good as Wacoms Cintiq tablets, Apple actually nailed this thing and I wasn't expecting it.

You are not the only one who told this.

Most people I know who tried it say it's pretty good. It's just very very expensive for a tablet.
>>
>>53736774
>comparing desktop OS to tablet OS
nicely baited :^)
>>
>>53736774
>pencil erect on the side

Holy shit and I thought Apple was known for their design
>>
>>53736451
>gf
i want my old /g/ back
>>
Why did you expect that? Apple nearly always impresses, the Apple sucks meme has never been for real. Even the flop that is the Apple watch is lightyears ahead of any preexisting smartwatch.
>>
>>53737064

The only problem with it is that it requires an iPhone.

I would have loved to get an Apple Watch, but I'm not sure I want my next smartphone to be an other iPhone.
>>
Keeping it on the theme, Macbook Pros are really, really enjoyable to use. I've been in an environment where I get to use them a few times a week, and they're just comfy as shit.

I was holding out hope they were getting a revamp at the In the Loop conference, but now I'll just hold out until summer. It'll be the first Apple product I've ever purchased.

Runners up include: vSphere instead of Proxmox, Sophos UTM, and ProCurve switches.

>>53737046
Look son, a newfag.
>>
>>53737089
>to be an other iPhone
"another" is a word, it reads better than "an other"
>>
I have never expected to hate anything I bought, but my low-end mid-2012 macbook air unexpectedly lasted me 4 years and counting, first product that kept pristine for so long. I just replaced it with a new thinkpad, but am keeping it for backup purposes.
>>
>>53737480
sell it and get 60% of your money back
>>
>>53737505
Eh, rather keep it. The US keyboard layout would also make me have to lower the price, even if I imported it specifically for that.
>>
>>53737016
Not since Steve died. He would have murdered the person that showed him that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.