[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project Fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: google-project-fi-logo.jpg (46 KB, 1000x612) Image search: [Google]
google-project-fi-logo.jpg
46 KB, 1000x612
>It's a known bug that Project Fi users can't receive texts from iPhone users because they're completely different platforms

How the fuck are you allowed to release something that can't get basic fucking text messaging right?
>>
>offshoring
>>
Text messaging is basically email service

Literally how the fuck do you not get email from other services? Did they misspell the url?
>>
>>53735890
But this isn't true, Anon.
>>
>>53735976
Except I was literally just told that by Project Fi support.
>>
>>53735976
I'm thinking maybe they're talking about not being able to receive messages from iPhone users if your number has ever been used on an iphone at any point in the past because imessages sucks dick.
>>
>>53736029
Nah. My entire set up was new. New phone, new sim, new number given to me by Fi, but I can't receive any text from iphone users at all.
>>
>>53735890
>Project Fi users can't receive texts from iPhone users
I used Project Fi for a couple of months and I could receive texts from iPhone users just fine.
>>
>>53735890

Complete bullshit. SMS is a standard shard by both platforms.

The only way that this would be possible is if Apple had some kind of different standard to create a walled garden that it wouldn't let google use.

But Apple isn't the kind of company to do that.

No, wait.
>>
>>53736063

The number is/was recycled, obviously. Whatever user had it before you still has it registered for imessage. Get them to issue you a new number, or stop being a pleb who still uses phone-number based communications in 2016. Also, tell Apple to stop trying to integrate imessage and sms so closely together that it tries to fish for imessage availability/information even if you're just SMS'ing a number.

Source: Sprint Business Support Rep. I travel to medium/large businesses that issues with Sprint devices/services and fix them.
Issues like what you're talking about are due to Google doing bulk deals on wholesale numbers from carriers like us, and we sell them without any real "scrubbing" happening on the backend, because they aren't being resold explicitly for cellular use, but for VoIP use, where forcing the apple servers to drop that number as an imessage number isn't done, like it is when it's being reissued as a cellular number to another customer.
>>
>>53735890
>texting
>>
>>53735890
You got a recycled number.
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
>>
I have project Fi and I text iPhone users all the time with no problem
>>
>>53735890
It's an Apple problem newfag. Apple has broken SMS.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.