[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this shitphone and whenever I use it, the screen goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: SamsungGalaxyExpressi437.jpg (59 KB, 552x340) Image search: [Google]
SamsungGalaxyExpressi437.jpg
59 KB, 552x340
I bought this shitphone and whenever I use it, the screen goes black.

I can still hear noises like it's still working, the screen just randomly goes back and doesn't come back on until I hit the power button and unlock the phone again, but any time I initiate anything on the phone the screen just goes black again.

What could be the issue?
>>
The phone.
>>
probably water damaged

take it apart and check out the internals, blow it out with compressed air
>>
>>53734292
You don't say

>>53734309
I already opened it up and nothing is wet at all.

It must be some kind of software issue, but I can't actually use the phone enough to do a factory reset on it.
>>
get the stock tar files off the internet somewhere and then flash those via Odin if you can't factory reset from recovery
>>
>>53734309
This. If it's a used phone it is definitely water damaged.

Get a bunch of pic related and leave the phone with them in a dry environment overnight, with the electrical components exposed.
>>
>>53734262
My guess is the battery or something like it.

But if you still have time for a backup in fastboot or the recovery or something do it now. Then flash the factory ROM via fastboot or recovery.
>>
File: silica_packets.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
silica_packets.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>53734539
Forgot pic
>>
>>53734262
Install Gentoo
>>
>>53734262
look for a custom ROM for that device. It's always a good idea to go custom with shit-tier android devices because official support is usually a joke.
>>
>>53734475
>>53734792
Alright, I'll look more into custom ROMs. Thanks guys. I don't really have anything to lose since the phone doesn't work anyway.
>>
>>53734827

how the fuck you gonna root your phone when you cant even see anything on the screen smart guy?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.