[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The cancer progresses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: fedora.jpg (9 KB, 174x174) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
9 KB, 174x174
Fedora Fills Its Role For A Diversity Advisor

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-Diversity-Advisor-Filled

>Last March the Fedora Linux distribution project began looking for a Diversity Advisory

>Fedora announced MarĂ­a "tatica" Leandro has taken up this role.

>involved with Fedora since 2007 working on artwork, translations, marketing, and promotion.

>Her agenda includes:

>>create programs to help each minority group

>>the idea is to spread knowledge beyond just technology

>>revisions on our politics, codes of conduct, an anti-harassment paper, etc.

SJWs have invaded Fedora, diversity quotas and opalgate sequels afoot.

RIP free software

RIP open-source
>>
>>53734094
>Fedora
Might as well install RedHat and be done with it.
>>
NIGGADRAW dot RPM

JEW WALLET dot RPM

DEAD WHITE RACE dot RPM
>>
oh fuck me ...
>>
>>53734094
Oh well, another one bites the dust.
>>
File: 1430856377766.jpg (539 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1430856377766.jpg
539 KB, 1536x2048
>my non-profit community group now has a volunteer member that will deal with shit i don't give a fuck about

I'd be mad if she was paid to do it.
She's not.

I'd be mad if her blog was full of "ima woman hear me roar" and "kill all white men"
But it isn't, she's a fucking venezuelan woman MARRIED to a man, not some sheltered mentally ill american dyke.
She makes generic photo wallpapers.
>>
File: harold1442812408929.jpg (1 MB, 5628x3348) Image search: [Google]
harold1442812408929.jpg
1 MB, 5628x3348
She sounds more than qualified for a waifu position too.

>https://fedoramagazine.org/maria-leandro-how-do-you-fedora/

>Shes married
>>
>no women in muhh GNU club!
kill yourself OP, maybe then the cancer you speak of will go into remission
>>
>>53734316
But it still begs the question why the fuck does an open source project, something anyone is free to submit code, translations, documentation, artwork etc etc to needs someone to enforce diversity. It sounds counterproductive.
>>
>>53735264
for the positive image? Please try to be less stupid
>>
File: E1455509703706.jpg (594 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
E1455509703706.jpg
594 KB, 1600x900
>>53735229
>>
>>53735283
But feminism sjw cuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>53735298
only men should code lol guys we're so different from what most people think huh
>>
>>53735229
You're retarded
It's open source, women can do whatever they want WITHOUT forced "diversity"
>>53735287
Samefag
>>
>>53734094
oh well
VOID IT IS THEN
>>
>>53734094
Nothing new here. That is also probably how they can get crapware like systemd and pulseaudio to take over the world: "if you don't accept it as your main software of this class, you're a racist and a bigot!"
>>
>>53735264
marketing

Mainstream distros like Ubanto and Fedora fight for brand recognition.
Especially Fedora, because compared to Ubanto it seriously lacks in sheer number of package maintainers and testers.

Noone gives a shit whether the people working on it are male, female, white, brown, black transnigger, whatever.
Electing a "diversity advisor" probably just means erecting an illusion screen of hugbox atmosphere (which doesn't matter, neither Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint have the toxic atmosphere of Arch for example) that whiny millenials need to be assured of "safe working space".
>>
>>53735486
Odd way to spell gentoo.
>>
>>53735229
>>53735287
>>53735307
How is her being female of any relevance to the issues posed by the announcement. The concern is with them feeling the need to hold the title of "Diversity officer" due to the connotations of such a role (those being the manipulation of mainline contribution acceptances based on cultural identity and counterproductive funding delegations). The mention of codes of conduct and anti-harassment papers further support the worry of censorship and exclusion of competent persons based on matter irrelevant to projects (see opalgate).
>>
>>53735229
fuck off kike
>>
>>53735989
*need for someone to hold the title of
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.