[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arch, Debian or fedora? I can use Linux fairly well... I got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: received_986905468062003.jpg (40 KB, 640x805) Image search: [Google]
received_986905468062003.jpg
40 KB, 640x805
Arch, Debian or fedora?
I can use Linux fairly well... I got a lenovo 700 and broadcom wireless chip and an 940m which has proven to be problematic with Debian and fedora but I am working on finding a solution.

>inb4 gentoo
>>
>>53733468
Arch because of the AUR
>>
>>53733710
Yeah but I can't imagine finding help would be that easy. Especially because my computer will likely throw a fit because of its propitiatory hardware.
>>
>>53733816
Finding help for Arch is easier than for any other Linux distro out there. Easier than Ubuntu even.
>>
>>53733468
arch
>>
>>53733852
Seriously? I thought Debian would have the most support.
>>
Slackware
>>
>>53733880
Debian does NOT run on proprietary hardware out of the box. Good luck installing it. Even with the nonfree firmware live cd, it won't actually install the firmware so you're screwed as soon as you reboot.
>>
>>53733468
none. Don't get memed, OP.
Debian is shit and always was.
Arch devs recently stated that the OS is not about simplicity or choices for the user, but being easy to maintain for the devs.
Fedora is overtaken by SJWs, there's a thread right now.

Install Void.
>>
>>53735517
The only important difference between arch and void is that void uses runit instead of systemd. Which only matters if you have an ancient system or you're an autist that hates systemd because of muh Unix.
>>
>>53733468
Are you sure for Debian ? Usually you just have to add contrib and non free repos, install both drivers and that's okay.
My laptops always had intel wifi cards and my experience with nvidia drivers on Debian was with a Desktop card, though.
>>
You can directly install debian with Non free kernel. Never fails
>>
>>53735670
I hate systemd because of muh "status wontfix"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.