[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ultrabooks run linux well? Specifically Arch. Yes, we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1455592504691.jpg (133 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455592504691.jpg
133 KB, 500x375
What ultrabooks run linux well? Specifically Arch.
Yes, we're all aware that thinkpads are the best, but I really would love a light laptop with crazy battery life.
My x201 maxes out at 5 hours sadly. Thats a with a 9 cell and tlp.
>>
>>53731801
13" rMBP
>>
>>53731801
dell xps
x1 carbon

>5 hours
>sadly
you don't have a home or what?
>>
>>53731956
Don't you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to get linux working on macbooks? And even after you manage to do it the battery life is shit because they pull a bunch of tricks in osx to extend battery.
A regular ultrabook seems like a more sane solution to me.
>>
>>53731985
>dell xps
You must be kidding
>x1 carbon
No problem here
>>
>>53731985
I was looking at the xps 13 but its expensive for what it is and you need to swap the wifi card for an intel one to get a reliable connection.
I commute to school and it would he great to not have all the outlets in a building memorized just in case my battery dies.
Also thinkpad chargers are pretty fucking huge
>>
>>53731993
>battery life is shit because they pull a bunch of tricks in osx to extend battery

You mean optimization? Is that what you mean? lmao. It's called good software engineering. Not 'tricks'. And the battery life will be greater than any other ultrabook regardless. Linux is the problem, not the machine.
>>
>>53732119
No its called tricks and throttling you baffoon.
And it isn't greater than an X1 carbon or a zenbook.
Apperently it's linux's fault that vendors make their little battery saving tricks propriety.
>>
File: 1452539266092-1.jpg (134 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452539266092-1.jpg
134 KB, 800x800
>>53732176
Uh huh.
>>
>>53731801
enjoy your useless animeos brick
>>
powertop and start cutting down what uses power.
Obviously use ondemand scheduler and enable wifi/sata/usb/audio/PCI power management.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.