[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cisco Access Points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 4L_c33qaYzU.png (419 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
4L_c33qaYzU.png
419 KB, 750x1334
Hey /g/ convince me to not buy this tonight. I'm building a small LAN. Ciscofags plz halp. Is this a good access point?
>>
If I remember well, some cisco APs have shit authentication. Look that up if it matters to you.
>>
OP here. Bumping with a question. Anyone know where to find power cables for these guys?
>>
>>53724858
>not using a PoE injector.
>>
>>53724858
>>53724323
Yes that is a decent AP. Just remember you need to flash it to an autonomous image.

For power either use PoE or ebay again for the power adapter. They are around $18.
>>
>>53724874
>Not owning a 48-port switch with POE on each port
>>
>>53724994
>wires
>>
Its $20. I dont know what this is, but buy it
>>
>>
>48 Port Switch powering Cisco AP directly:
>1x Power Cable for Switch
>1x cat Cable between switch and AP
1+1=2
>POE Injector
>1x Power Cable for Injector
>2x cat cable into and out of the Injector
1+2=3
I have a math degree, but I might be a bit rusty(degrees don't mean anything anyways right?). Please correct me if i'm wrong but I count an extra cable in the PoE Injector situation.
>>
>>53725330
meant for
>>53725029
>>
>>53724898

Where would I find a autonomous image? Thank you btw!
>>
Does it at least support 300Mbps N?
>>
Also how to PoE? What adapter / how to wire?
>>
>>53726793

Yes
>>
>>53724994

I have a Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch 24 ports
How do I know if it is a PoE switch?
>>
like others said you will need to get it into autonomous mode since you do not have a controller.

and since you asked if a fucking 2950 is poe instead of finding out yourself, you obviously have no fucking god damn clue what you are doing.

fuck off
>>
>>53726957

Heya bud. Appreciate the help. I ask questions of those who know more than me, so that they might be answered. Its past your bedtime kiddo. You fuck off
>>
>>53726892
That switch is not PoE capable, you'll have to use an injector.
>>
>>53727069
Samefagging. If you want to know how, it literally tells you either in the manual, on the face of the switch, or just a plain google search.
>>
File: 716B+qd3+4L._SL1500_.jpg (136 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
716B+qd3+4L._SL1500_.jpg
136 KB, 1500x1500
Thanks so far guys. I'm gonna get this PoE.
Well two of them. And I bought two APs. Couldn't thank you enough. Also, don't know if this is important, but I have 12.1 running on my router and switch. Will I need to flash the APs with the same version?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.