[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I continue to use a computer that's having psu issues?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1455684453484.png (622 KB, 867x614) Image search: [Google]
1455684453484.png
622 KB, 867x614
Should I continue to use a computer that's having psu issues?

My problem is that my PC only turns on after shutdowns if i let it sit for like 5 minutes or so. When it does turn on it's fine tho. Am I good to go or should I wait until I can get a new PSU or mobo or whatever is wrong?
>>
You run risks of shorting shit out continuing to use it, if thr PSU is at fault.

I had a period where I had to turn off the PSU switch or the system would boot loop. Stopped after a month. Never figured out what the deal was.
>>
>lindybeige

my nigga
>>
My screen freezes after 5 minutes of using it. When I try to reboot it, my fans power up and the power light comes on but the screen is black. If I wait 10 minutes then it will power on like normal for 5 minutes and freeze again.

Does this sound like a PSU? I just swapped out the graphics card.
>>
>>53724148
Iunno man...I just don't know...

I've heard my problem might be caused my overcharged capacitors...if that helps.

It's either that, the psu, or the mobo for sure though. I can't see how it could be anything else.
>>
>>53723872
Unlikely to be a problem unless you smell smoke. When it fails you will just no longer be able to power on at all.
>>
>>53724231

It's a 100 dollar m91p I got from eBay. It sounds like I would be better served buying another unit.
>>
>>53724279
I'd like to avoid such a dramatic failure if possible!
>>53724284
Lucky you, my PC has about $2000 put into it.
>>
>>53724324
>2000

Damn. If you're in that deep, why don't you buy a PSU on Amazon, if it doesn't fix your problem, take it back. Rinse and repeat until you've fouund the issue.
>>
>>53724373
I was gonna run out and buy a PSU today, but my local shop was closed. First thing monday I plan on buying a cheap psu and trying to troubleshoot.
>>
>>53724148
sounds like it's overheating
>>
>>53724414

I've got some extra time and spare mayonnaise, do you think its worth it to reapply paste?
>>
>>53724436
do you actually mean do put mayo on it or do you have some thermal paste

i can mail you some, pls dont use mayo
>>
>>53724436
i would run speedfan first and check your temps
>>
>>53724469
>>53724436
also, can it run for more than 5 minutes in safe mode?
>>
>>53724469
>>53724486

I've got qubes installed, I guess I could run a live Mint and check the temps that way.

>>53724447
I've got spare paste, just fucking around about the mayonnaise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.