[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /g/s opnion of Aaron swartz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
what's /g/s opnion of Aaron swartz?
>>
>>53723127
Jewish faggot who offed himself because he couldn't handle all the memes
>>
reddit
>>
he's a little bitch desu killed himself b/c he couldn't handle 10yrs in prison for something he did that was illegal
>>
>>53723177
Did he have a just cause?
>>
>>53723177
He could've had 6 months which is pretty reasonable. Was he THAT scared of prison or just that much of a prideful cunt?
>>
he's cute
>>
Arab
>>
>>53723372
he literally could not stand being away from internet memes for 1 week
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
he killed himself before having to witness his brother become a SJW shill
>>
ded
>>
Why did he an hero again? I forgot about this cunt
>>
>>53723127
Honesty, I am conflicted. He tried giving out private information for free and he got caught like and charged (which he should have known was going to happen. The Uni basically said watevs and dropped all charges, but some female government official wanted to continue the charges. He offs himself (why...) for "reasons" when he could have got off cause the official couldn't do shit unless the uni participated.
>>
>>53723467
forgive me on the formatting on this. I am taking a shit.
>>
>>53723372
After those 6 months he would be an ex-con. His life and career would be over because to get that 6 month sentence he had to plead guilty to all charges. If he didn't take the plea bargain he would have gotten 7 years if found guilty.

The guy was probably clinically depressed to begin with, and the prospect of prison + ruined career put him over the edge.
>>
>>53723529
Wasn't he like, his own boss though? And it'd be pretty retarded to care whether or not someone stole JSTOR journals. Oh well, huge waste to me. He could've climbed out of the hole, not like he was just another programmer.
>>
>>53723467
There is no such thing as private information in a university. FOIA.
>>
>>53723127
>co-founded reddit
wow, um ok?
>>
why didnt he just go to russia
>>
>>53723529

>ruined career

In most cases this would be true, but Aaron was popular before this and had a tremendous amount of support during the investigation. He could have walked into any firm and been offered a position, he was a prominent enough figure that his hiring wouldn't be screened by the plebs at HR.
>>
He founded Reddit and was a Macfag. I think that's all you need to know about him.

https://usesthis.com/interviews/aaron.swartz/
>>
>>53723203

>just cause

He did. The studies in JSTOR were funded with public support and hidden from that same public behind a university paywall.
>>
>>53723749

>le Reddit is bad meme

At least I can browse Reddit behind Tor.
>>
File: 6EbHj9D.jpg (107 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
6EbHj9D.jpg
107 KB, 700x713
>>53723127
>Dead
Hope Allah forgives him for all that stealing he did.
>>
File: who.gif (493 KB, 400x167) Image search: [Google]
who.gif
493 KB, 400x167
>>53723127
>>
>>53723127
He was a nice dude who did illegal stuff trying to help humanity and was killed by the Government.
>>
>>53723127
4 life sentences for breach of terms of service. Seems reasonable. He did take the bitch way out though.
>>
Pros: rightfully fought for the right to knowledge
Cons: jew
Created leddit
>>
>>53723901
If he went to prison he would have been fucked like a bitch
>>
>>53723790
yes because all the ips on Tor have been banned from 4chan for posting illegal content
>>
>>53723922
he may have ended up in prison, but he really shouldn't have. At absolute worst his use of JSTOR should have been revoked.
>>
>>53723985

No they haven't. Tor exit nodes are categorically banned.
>>
>>53724017
well I tried shitposting through Tor back in 2009 and I kept getting ban notices when I tried to look at any board. I have not tried recently so maybe you are right; if you are it is because of this very reason
>>
>>53724039

Derp.

https://www.4chan.org/faq#torproxy
>>
Accomplished more in his teens than I have done all my life. Therefore he's a faggot.
>>
he ruined my life by inventing rss, now i spend all day watching my feeds instead of actually doing anything productive ;_;
>>
It was all staged to look like he hanged himself.
>>
>>53723790
Le narwhale bacon xddddds
Get out of my board.
>>
File: laughing_girls.jpg (77 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
laughing_girls.jpg
77 KB, 600x536
>>53724076
>"omg Becky! he actually read the rules and f.a.q."
>>
>>53724201

Fuck off. The reddit culture sucks, but the format is superior.
>>
>>53724232

>quotations inside of meme arrows

lurk moar
>>
>>53724233
reddit's format is shit. nested threading has no place in BBS software.
>>
>>53723372
ex-convicts are second class citizens.
>>
>>53724233
Categorically wrong. There is no other place on the internet that I know of that makes replies to multiple posts as easy and readable as 4chan. If post links were a graph, Reddit can only be a tree and 4chan has no such limitations (though it doesn't contain cycles because the graph is directed) (usually). Reddit has to use literal URLs to accomplish what 4chan supports natively, and using URLs doesn't contribute "pagerank" (replies, upvotes, whatever the currency is) to the linked post like 4chan can.
>>
>>53724497

>guilty until proven innocent

Also

>Four star general leaks top secret documents to his lover so she can write a more flattering biography
>gets probation and misdemeanor

>college kid copies old scientific articles and tries to release them
>charged with a felony and threatened with decades in a cage
>>
File: 1451513198810.jpg (69 KB, 960x501) Image search: [Google]
1451513198810.jpg
69 KB, 960x501
>>53724572
welcome to the real world
>>
>>53724756

>welcome to the real world

It doesn't have to be like this, anon.
>>
>>53723127
Terribly sad, and I admire what he fought for. Nevertheless, the media has tried to paint him as some sort of genius programmer when really he just made some kind ot lame "standards" like RSS (uses XML, yuck) and Markdown, which years later is plagued by tons of inconsistent implementations (because the original standard was poorly specified and missing important features).

I think he'd be especially sad to see the current cucked, corporate state of Reddit (badthink subreddits are "quarantined" and you must be logged into an email-verified account to access them, almost all of the top subreddits are run by a cabal of SJWs, Reddit created its own clickbait site to steal content from Reddit users without all the nasty badthink and badtalk that would hurt corporate's bottom line, etc).
>>
>>53724233
see
>>53724557
4chan's reply system is way more robust and useful. I've literally had this argument with Redditors and the only ones who haven't come around are the ones who insist "but 4chan's reply system is too hard to understand" (which, coincidentally, is what Facebook normies say about Reddit).
>>
>>53724797
sure it does

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/google-hires-4chan-founder-chris-poole-moot-1201724308/
>>
>>53725151

Fuck that cuck
>>
rip
>>
>>53725151

>meme consultant
>>
File: yesipooedaloaf.jpg (133 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
yesipooedaloaf.jpg
133 KB, 500x375
>>53723127

Based Aaron
>>
>>53724233
>the format is superior
Reddit's structure is objectively a clusterfuck.
>>
he was just another mentally deranged gaylord. He was stealing documents for literally no reason. This is what happens when you turn gay - let this be a warning
>>
About scientific journals...

JSTORE and the many other companies like this make huge money, millions and millions. They have deep roots in lobbying. It's a crazy fucked up situation. In most cases tax payer money is used for study, it's given to a company like jstore, they have peers review the study for free, then they publish study and charge a fair bit for others to download. Schools and medical institutions typically DEMAND their profs/Dr's publish x amount of studies per year or they get axed.

It's a garbage system and some pretty large uni's have said they are considering cutting access to these paywalls because of the fees. Keep in mind most studies are publicly funded.
>>
he should fuck off back to mexico
>>
literally who?
>>
>>53724232
>not reading the rules
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.