[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like ffmpeg is better than avconv, but Ubuntu and Debi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: FFmpeg1.png (15 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
FFmpeg1.png
15 KB, 620x400
Looks like ffmpeg is better than avconv, but Ubuntu and Debian choose the other side. Thoughts?

http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
>>
there's nothing stopping you from adding the deb-multimedia keyring and installing ffmpeg from deb-multimedia
>>
>>53721963
>you have to add something in some place to have ffmpeg in Ubuntu/Debian
They choose a side. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>53722097
>that's all i'm saying
so you don't really mean what you're saying?
>>
>>53721926
FFmpeg is bloat.
>>
>>53722830
>Although mpv attempts to work well with both FFmpeg and Libav, FFmpeg is preferred in general. This is simply because FFmpeg merges from Libav, and seems to have more features and fewer bugs than Libav. Although we don't agree with everything FFmpeg does, and we like some of Libav's general goals and development directions, FFmpeg is just better from a practical point of view.

>It shouldn't be forgotten that Libav is doing significant and important development, but since everything they do ends up in FFmpeg anyway, there is barely any reason to prefer Libav over FFmpeg from the user point of view. It's also possible that FFmpeg agrees faster to accept gross hacks to paint over bugs and issues than Libav, however, in the user's perception FFmpeg will perform better because of that.
>>
>>53723819
>gross hacks?
>>
>>53723819
Who are you quoting?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.