[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an i5 4590 and an AMD R9 390. Is the i5 a bottleneck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: spec e 1.png (53 KB, 940x827) Image search: [Google]
spec e 1.png
53 KB, 940x827
I have an i5 4590 and an AMD R9 390. Is the i5 a bottleneck? I feel it doesnt perform as well as it should.

here's an old speccy. i've got 16 gigs of ram now.
>>
no, and why on earth do you need 16 gigs of RAM?
>>
get an SSD poorfag
>>
File: Capture.png (54 KB, 1331x413) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54 KB, 1331x413
>>53721463
forgot to mention that

>>53721452
because i am American and i can do what ever i want with my money
>>
what kind of tech support board is this

reply to me
>>
So, what exactly do you mean when you say that it "doesn't perform as well as it should"? Have you compared it to other benchmarks of the same GPU model, for example? I don't think the i5 should be bottlenecking it.

What is the wattage of your PSU?

Also, it's not a tech support board...
>>
>>53721603
i was joking about the tech support thing

and i have a 750 watt psu...don't know what the issue could possibly be.
>>
>>53721587
is it a bottleneck for what? gayms? no
>>
>>53721670
okay thanks nerd XD
>>
If you don't get numbers similar to GPU benchmarks in a certain game, then your CPU is the bottleneck in that game.
If you don't get numbers similar to CPU benchmarks in a certain game, then your GPU is the bottleneck in that game.

It's not the case that a certain CPU will bottleneck a certain GPU, it's entirely workload dependant.
>>
>666mhz ram
Whoah. Devilish and slow.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.