[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got pretty gud at some things with help from 4chan. Somehow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I got pretty gud at some things with help from 4chan. Somehow I realised that what helped me most was the elitism and getting called a faggot for every tiny mistake I made. I wanted to fit in the perfectionist neckbeard crowd and getting called a faggot hurt, so I was learning really fast. Now I want to learn how to program. I'll very likely start with C and work my way through K&R. Is there a place on Internet besides 4chan where I can post my code and get "roasted" for all mistakes? /g/ doesn't seem to have that much programming threads besides /dpt/.
>>
Sounds like a good idea OP, I'd suggest using your shit code to ruse some neckbeardian assembly forum or whatever
>>
>>53720891

C is shit as a first programming language. Or maybe not, if you survive it, even Java will feel like heaven..

Why not taking something easy like Python instead?
>>
>>53721224
I did some things in Java and python before, but I want to really get into it and learn more than just copy/paste code. Python indentation annoyed me as hell, but I probably should have used a real IDE.
What language would you recommend?
I should note that I already know the basics, variables, loops, functions etc.

>>53721216
I hear contributing to Linux kernel when you don't know what are you doing will get your ass chewed so I better join the mail list, eh?
>>
>>53720891
First off, don't use K&R to learn C. It's not meant to be introduction to programming, and it's a shitty introduction to C compared to other books. It's a God-tier book to read *after* you have more experience with C.

Consider C Programming: A Modern Approach
>>
>>53721493
>>53721493
This is dumb and incorrect.
K and r is great for first timers. It's what I used
No, C is not hard you morons.
Is everyone on /g/ some retarded middle school dropout or something
>>
>>53721523
>K and r is great for first timers. It's what I used
You're a fool if you think K&R is a good book for first-time programmers. It's targeted towards experienced programmers.
>>
>>53721573
Then why is it so easy for a beginner to understand. It's an introduction book, you're a moron.
>>
>>53721493
Not same guy, but would you recommend getting the first or second edition? Second is fucking expensive
>>
File: fallingdown2.jpg (224 KB, 1192x1192) Image search: [Google]
fallingdown2.jpg
224 KB, 1192x1192
>>53721712
It is an intoductory book but it's also assumed the reader knows basic programming knowledge.

You're both fools and morons.
>>
>learning C

Lol for fucking WHAT??
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.