[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have a Twitter? I have one for following writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Anyone else have a Twitter?

I have one for following writers of books and shows I like. I also have it to help me keep a "social presence".

Just saying stuff like "Happy [Holiday]" or "Excited for [show/movie]" does wonders. Add in some random shitposting and you actually start to get invited to shit.

Only downside is, it only works with people you kinda know IRL.
>>
>>53717941
I'm sick of normies. I'm sick of their shows, music, movies, and culture. Society is breaking apart at the seems and all normies do is post selfies and pound signs. Normies are a cancer to the work. And right now, the world is at Stage 4.

Friends do not matter. In fact, it's statically proven friends are bad for you. People with higher IQs do not have friends. They realize that they do not need them. They leech off of you. They stab you in the back.

You live a sad existence. And you do not even know it.
>>
>>53718004
So, I'm thinking no?
>>
>>53718052
Fuck off, normie. We are not your friends. Intelligent people do not have "friends".
>>
>>53717941
The only use I have for my Twitter account is for getting a hold of CS reps.

The ones who man Twitter are a lot more responsive than anyone you could ever e-mail or call.
>>
>>53718070
I don't get to have friends?
>>
File: 1444712517207.jpg (26 KB, 380x342) Image search: [Google]
1444712517207.jpg
26 KB, 380x342
>>53718070
>>
>>53718070
>>53718004
Intelligent people tend to realize the difference between correlation and causation. You don't appear to be one of them.
>>
>>53718118
Forgot to mention, they also tend to interpret results of the studies correctly, which you apparently also didn't do.
>>
Yeah, I chat with LLVM devs a lot on Twitter. I've learned a lot about compiler dev from the people on there. It's surprising how many engineers from large companies use it.
>>
>>53717941
I kinda want to get one but I feel like I'm jumping in too late at this point.

It seems great for keeping up with news on certain things since now a days a lot of sport/music journalism is just a link to twitter. Also the opportunities for shitposting seems pretty great. Also it seems like a decent way to keep in contact with people now that our generation has moved on from Facebook for the most part and I have a lot of kinda friends who are somewhat active on twitter.

But at the same time I don't see the point at ever posting something unless you are famous and have a decent sized following, a lot of regular people seem to just be talking to themselves and/or fishing for likes/retweets and it comes across as really lame
>>
>>53717941
Twitter is little more than a slightly interactive billboard for your computer or phone. (Same is true for Facebook et al.) Advertising and marketing is their sole purpose, any actual communication between actual people is an unintended side effect. It's like signing up for an e-mail provider that, instead of blocking spam, actually works with spammers to insert more into your inbox. Why would anyone want to sign up for that?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.