[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got a MacBook Pro (late 2014) for £350 in its box, should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 4L_MHvaIa4j.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
4L_MHvaIa4j.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I just got a MacBook Pro (late 2014) for £350 in its box, should I sell it and use it to fund a more powerful laptop? Maybe it's only worth 350, thoughts?
>>
absolute garbage
>>
File: 4L_LWKVmOvr.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
4L_LWKVmOvr.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>
>>53716086
>>53716096

That's the last model you can make meaningful upgrades to. Newer ones have soldered down everything.

If you toss in a SSD and some more RAM, that's a cheap way to turn it into a good daily portable. At the very least, you could flip it as a "customized super fast mac!!" for a small profit.

Dunno where you stand on the whole OS debate, but I enjoy my MBP, it's handy for travel and work stuff when I'm away from my desktop.
>>
>>53716116

I'm on the fence about the OS, I've had macs in the past and found them a little tedious but im sure I could get used to it if I tried.

I'm trying to bootcamp it at the moment as I need to run FL Studio 64bit and some old plugins, so I'll probably just use the Windows partition for that.
>>
>>53716171
Try it out for a few weeks and see what you think. If you're into it, keep it and speed it up with the aforementioned upgrades. If not, sell it for more than you bought it for.
>>
>>53716086
That's not a late 2014
That's a mid 2012
It's only worth about 350.
Keep it if you want 1280x800 and only want to run Mac OS
>>
>>53716086
upgrade ram and ssd, buy a second display if youre a resolution autist
>>
>>53716086
I am hoping to get my first MBP in the next two months, but I really want a 17" model since my current machine is a 17" HP. Though its a piece of shit cosmetically, I love having a big screen to basically use my laptop as my bedroom tv. But Apple killed the 17” a couple years ago and hasn't brought it back. Maybe a 15" MBP wouldn't be that bad? The 17" MBP never came with retina before it died, so there's that too.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.