[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /g/ How do I connect these speakers to my computer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: IMAG0398.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1824) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0398.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1824
Help me /g/

How do I connect these speakers to my computer? I know very little about speaker systems. Better pictures coming in soon
>>
File: IMAG0399.jpg (1 MB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0399.jpg
1 MB, 1824x3264
i have cords for the speakers but they aren't anything that will fit in my PC
>>
Spdif to amp and connect ur speakers to amp.
>>
You need an amplifier that'll take the speakers' connector or straight bare wires (better luck with latter), and a 3.5mm male jack -> 2x RCA male -wire from your PC to the ampliefier.
>>
File: IMAG0400.jpg (1 MB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0400.jpg
1 MB, 1824x3264
here are my available ports
>>
Could someone send a link to buy what they are talking about? I'm slightly confused.

Also I'm nearly broke because of buying the speakers
>>
>>53715304
this

you'll need an amp anyway if those speakers don't have built in ones. if the amp only doesn't have spdif or 3.5mm trs inputs, get a cable to convert your 3.5mm output to rca.
>>
>>53715336
Jam the speaker wires into the HDMI port
>>
>>53715352
>nearly broke because of buying the speakers
>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>53715445
>>53715334

I have a 3.5mm to RCA cable, but what amp do I have to buy? I've looked around a little but I don't really know what to look up to find what I need
>>
>>53715336
Did you buy these in a pawn shop or something? They should have come with their own amp.
>>
>>53715472
only on the left side though, that's where the sound is. You don't want image leaking into your speakers because they're not built for it. Some speakers are made to produce colored sound, but only one color at a time
>>
>>53715502
>one color at the time
When are you, 1999?
Jesus christ, get on with the times. My speakers can output 16k colors at ANY one time as long as I connect them to a 2.0 HDMI.
>>
>>53715495

I got them at a garage sale. I am pretty sure the guy scammed me, so I'm trying to at least make the speakers work.
>>
>>53715527
My dad works for color and he says there isn't even 16k colors out yet
>>
File: TPA3116 Amp.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
TPA3116 Amp.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>
File: 1457307368428.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457307368428.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>53715266
Post in stupid questions general next time you fucking retard.
>>
File: IMG_2069 (1).jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2069 (1).jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sorry for the mess lol, I literally have no room.
Heres how I do it
Run all your speakers into your old stereo receiver, on the CD in put on the back of that reliever, put in a red and white RCA cable to a little audio switch I got at best buy for like 20 bucks, then from there you can run RCA to Aux cords to your devices etc..
>>
i was given a Pioneer 5.1 home theatre system

i hooked up all the speakers to the proper inputs on the back of the pioneer receiver

i hooked up a spdif optical cable from my computer to my pioneer receiver

then i was done
>>
Don't worry buddy.
Its just that the speakers you have are of a home sound system,they are not simple pc speakers .
This does not mean that they will not work,just that you will have to buy a device that converts pc sound output to speaker format,like a amp.
>>
>>53715794
As long as you have a receiver that allows CD input it should work.

>>53715668
^Thats my recommendation OP just don't be a faggot like me.
>>
>>53715843
You mean aux input right?that single wire right?
>>
Yeah that green port on your machine.

Speaker -> stereo cable -> Stereo Output on Receiver

Then for a digital Imput simply get a RCA to Aux cord and plug it into your headphone jack.
>>
>>53715843
You have to get a receiver m8, you cant really plug your speakers straight into your computer. From the receiver you run a RCA/Aux to the headphone port of your computer.

In my pic earlier i have a switch between the receiver and computer so if I wanted to plug in headphones or my laptop, I could do it from there. So in that system, The receiver is connected to the switch by RCA/RCA. Then from that little box, I run RCA/Aux to my devices and their ports. This helps cause the only digitally compatible input on the receiver is the CD drive. That way you can have more then one Digital port going into the receiver it without stacking the RCA on the port like the old Xbox 360 headphone cables which give feedback n shit.
>>
>>53715266
"/g/ is NOT your personal tech support site"
>>
>>53715266
Hi kid, welcome to /g/!
before you start your endless shitposting career please write down these things:
>global rule #2
>/g/ is not your personal support
>/v/irgins should never visit /g/
>your IQ must be at least 101 or higher to post to /g/ unless you're a faggot who creates generals with same content every fucking day

I hope you enjoy your temporary visit.
>>
>>53715266

You need something like this. http://www.amazon.com/Lepy-LP-2024A-Amplifier-Stereo-Supply/dp/B00ULRFQ1A/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41phZQk-zFL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=15AXJZED4QS85QA3Y5WQ

Nothing fancy. Don't fall for the more money is better meme.
>>
>>53715266
1/10 try harder, and get your dick out of your sister...
>>
>>53715599
>sperkers
>>
>>53715493
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/stereo-receivers/31137.aspx?type=product&page=1&sortBy=price&sortDir=asc
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.