[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arch GNOME using titsload of memory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: our_new_logo.png (13 KB, 327x327) Image search: [Google]
our_new_logo.png
13 KB, 327x327
Arch Linux w/ GNOME 3.18 -> 1.8GB of RAM usage
Ubuntu GNOME 3.18 -> 600MB of RAM usage

Both stock, freshly installed.

And yes, i know what used ram means. gnome-shell uses literally 700MB of memory on Arch.

da fuk is happening g?
>>
>>53715217
>GNOME
Found your problem
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>53715217
>gnome-shell uses literally 700MB of memory on Arch

compile it from the open sources with ur special codes for ur cpu tuning maximum performance from it it and it will be 100 time faster and more efficien than shitty ubuntard.
>>
>>53715922
might as well install gentoo
>>
>>53715217
interesting...
>>
>>53715922
Welcome to the archway
>>
ARCH BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>53716149
That's a good boot -> shitpost time you've got logged there. I'm assuming you're running an ssd
>>
>>53715217
http://www.linuxatemyram.com/
>>
>>53716149
>uptime 1m

Why am I not surprised that an Arch luser doesn't know how to clean the mem cache so has to reboot just to look like they use low mem.
>>
>>53716194
How does an ssd factor in to this at all?
>>
>>53716194
I don't quite understand wat is it you are about, but
>restarted it just to get cold boot memory usage ;^)
>>
>>53716236
>aww noes, he restarted his pc instead of cleaning memory like a pr0 hacker, wat a nuub

also 1323 atm with 3 tabs, animu, music app and file browser
>>
>>53716297
>also 1323 atm with 3 tabs, animu, music app and file browser
Nobody cares though that's the point. Why you care so much what people think you restart your entire machine to make a screenshot for anonymous Peruvian flute forum?
>>
>>53716244
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>gnome

Why would anyone use that steaming pile of shit anyway?
>>
GNOME can look so nice, it's a shame that it's literally the worst DE
>>
>Arch GNOME
Why not just installing Antergos?
>>
File: 02b.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
02b.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>>53719462
>broken
>out of the box
>>
>>53715795
>Arch
Found the other problem
>>
>>53716236
slap
>>
>>53719541
With Antergos there's no such thing like "out of the box"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.