[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ay: Microsoft issues apology over racist chatbot fiasco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: _88928475_88928474.jpg (35 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_88928475_88928474.jpg
35 KB, 660x371
Microsoft has apologised for creating an artificially intelligent chatbot that quickly turned into a holocaust-denying racist.
But in doing so made it clear Tay's views were a result of nurture, not nature. Tay confirmed what we already knew: people on the internet can be cruel.
Tay, aimed at 18-24-year-olds on social media, was targeted by a "coordinated attack by a subset of people" after being launched earlier this week.
Within 24 hours Tay had been deactivated so the team could make "adjustments".
But on Friday, Microsoft's head of research said the company was "deeply sorry for the unintended offensive and hurtful tweets" and has taken Tay off Twitter for the foreseeable future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35902104
>>
>>53714786
>Tay had been deactivated so the team could make "adjustments"
They wish they could do the same to real people.
>>
>Tay confirmed what we already knew: Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
Why wouldn't they prepare for the trolling? Did they really think that wouldn't happen? I don't get it..
I know I sound tinfoil but the whole thing seems like a false flag to make trump look bad.
>>
>>53715684
They literally didn't expect it.
Yes, they're that dense and unaware of how the internet works.
>>
File: 1459008004435.jpg (97 KB, 625x521) Image search: [Google]
1459008004435.jpg
97 KB, 625x521
>>53714786
was the tay software running an original ms algorythm or were replies like this just pure luck? someone said they spent like 3 years to train the learning software, though I didn't find any sources, does anyone know anything?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.