[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, how useful are artificial neural networks? With
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: supertuxkart-0.8_2.png (890 KB, 1358x767) Image search: [Google]
supertuxkart-0.8_2.png
890 KB, 1358x767
Memes aside, how useful are artificial neural networks? With the right parameters and the use of genetic algorithms to find the right topology you can let it run by itself and in a few hours you'll have a useful Super Mario bot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44).
>>
>>53713677

That's exactly what makes them so useful: the simulation does all the work for you! Now, the issue is actually controlling these towards useful purposes like design: I recall a similar method was used to design circuit boards with the interesting caveat that the program used the physical specifications of the individual boards, right down to integrating what would otherwise be defects unique to the specific board into their design.

Anyone know about the article I'm talking about?
>>
>>53713677

Does this help it the network play other levels of mario? Or is this just memorizing the level?
>>
>>53715024
Given enough levels, it will learn enough to beat each level faster.
>>
>>53713979
http://www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/
This one?
>>
>>53715121

That's it! The use of machine learning in technology is a most fascinating process.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.