[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can I use rufus to make a USB with multiple boot options? >e.g.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: rufus-256.png (37 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
rufus-256.png
37 KB, 256x256
can I use rufus to make a USB with multiple boot options?

>e.g. windows & dban
>>
File: 1455151524818.png (97 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
1455151524818.png
97 KB, 680x591
>>53710154
I would recommend installing gentoo if you want to do that.
>>
rufus just shoves stuff onto a stick.

if the stuff doesn't do multiboot, then no.
>>
Use Sardu for that... Not Rufus.
>>
>>53710154
You can install two different install disks with iso mode. Just make two partitions and put them on each. When booting you will get two options. If you are asking if you can have two operating systems, just install it like how you would on a normal hard drive
>>
A thread died for this.
Next time use sqt
>>
>>53710194
>a thread died for this.
i need that captioned with a cute anime gril
>>
>>53710154
Hiren’s BootCD 15.2
>>
>>53710185
Not OP, but I have tried this by splitting a 16 GB stick in three, two boot and one driver/software storage partitions, but my machines only saw whichever partition I made bootable first, as the only partition available to boot from. I assumed I'd need a bootloader on the bootable partition that pointed to the other bootable partition (like a HDD, because this is just a portable HDD), and gave up because that was too much effort for the task at hand.

wasirite?
>>
>>53710546
Best practice is to make a separate boot partiton to put your boot loader on and then point that at the bootable partitions just like on a hard drive. The installer probably automatically did that for you but you needed to run a init command to add an entry for your other os.
>>
>>53710647
cheers mang
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.