[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me just take a minute of your time to succinctly to tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: apple-iphone-unlock-google.png (310 KB, 728x380) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-unlock-google.png
310 KB, 728x380
Let me just take a minute of your time to succinctly to tell you why Android has shit security. The FBI wants into your turned on, encrypted device from the lockscreen. What do they do?

>contact Google
>request gmail account password be changed to 'password'
>next the FBI logs on with your gmail account onto https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
>if its not already enabled they click "enable lock & erase" for the device they want into
>now they can change your phone lockscreen password which just so happens to be the phone encryption password as well
>now FBI inputs new password into your device and enjoys all your dick pics

dont believe me? go to your phone settings > security > device administrators > "Android Device Manager" > "Activating this administrator will allow the app Google Play services to perform the following operations" > Change the screen-unlock password.

Now I know what you're saying "but wait anon the checkbox is unchecked!". Remember the FBI
>if its not already enabled they click "enable lock & erase"
Yeah, doing that enables that checkbox. No two factor authentication needed. Just your gmail password which Google will gladly reset for the FBI.

And that is why you don't see any Google vs. FBI cases
Android is shit. QED.
>>
File: 1330578641922.jpg (15 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
1330578641922.jpg
15 KB, 245x251
my gmail ain't linked to my phone doe
>>
>>53708422
>Indian
>Security
No shit prajeet.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-27-00-52-03.png (187 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-27-00-52-03.png
187 KB, 1080x1920
ooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
where dem google defends at LOL rekt
>>
>>53708422
if the clowns on /g/ can manage to install custom ROM's, I'm pretty sure the "terrorists" can too
>>
I removed all that functionality from my custom Android build entirely so no, the Feds couldn't get into my phone from a remote location if they wanted to. My device doesn't even show up in my Google account at this point, it's really not that difficult to accomplish this - the source code is right there for the modification if you take the time to learn how to do it.
>>
>installing android with gapps

Might as well install windows.

Btw, Apple allows access to your icloud backups.

>apple in charge of security

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/21/471353161/fbi-says-it-may-be-able-to-access-shooters-iphone-without-apples-help
>>
File: DYNtDuB.png (70 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
DYNtDuB.png
70 KB, 640x1136
>>53710724
iOS 9.3 now encrypts iCloud data with the user's password
Get fucked
>>
>>53710921
What encryption does it use?
>>
>>53710949
ROT13
>>
>>53710921

Derp.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/prism-collection-documents/m/

Inb4 Apple doesn't even have access to the keys to decrypt it.

Apple undoubtedly stores UID. As long as they have the UID, bruteforcing your pin is trivial. A 6 digit numerical password and a pinky promise from Apple isn't enough to secure your data.
>>
>>53710970
ununun tbbq ba naba
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.