[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTX 980 Ti backplate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I've noticed that many of the product reviews for various 980 Ti's focus on whether or not the card comes with a backplate. I've never really noticed this area of peculiarity with any other card before. What is the backplate supposed to do for the card?
>>
>>53695434
makes it look better aesthetically

protects it from dust or other shit that might fall onto it

but I didn't manufacturers add these backplates earlier already?
>>
Looks better and adds slight rigidity to the card which some people say reduces sag.
It is also said that they reduce vram temps due to it acting like a huge spreader.

Personally, I have never owned a card with a backplate. But wish my msi 970 came with one because it says like a mother fucker.
>>
>>53695434

Makes the card more rigid and easier to clean. The less circuit exposed to the touch the better. And look sexier.
>>
>>53695434
VRM area can get really hot.
EMF shielding?
Less sag.
>>
Aesthetics, adds rigidity to card, offers passive cooling for VRAM/PCB.

>>53697964
There's no VRM on the back of the card.
>>
>>53695494
>Looks better and adds slight rigidity to the card which some people say reduces sag.
>>53695434

This. The first one i got didn't have it, the second did. You can order one, I did. They should be standard. Sag will introduce fractures in the solder eventually.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.