[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of John Titor? Elaborate ruse or actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: titor.jpg (163 KB, 542x600) Image search: [Google]
titor.jpg
163 KB, 542x600
What does /g/ think of John Titor?
Elaborate ruse or actual time traveler?
How did he know that the 5100 could debug mainframes?
Was he just an IBM employee that wanted to get the word out? Why go through all the trouble of making such an elaborate story then?
Also this has to be the most unnerving website I've seen
>http://www.johntitorfoundation.com/
>>
>>53687745
Whats the point of that site? There aren't any clickable links.
It looks like it could be an archive of some kind of it isn't.
>>
Elaborate ruse, but desu it doesn't even have to be considered elaborate.

Most of his predictions were wild ramblings, and while the general public didn't know much about IBM, it wasn't exactly a trade secret.
>>
>>53687908
This wtf
>>
File: 1457632405193.jpg (26 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1457632405193.jpg
26 KB, 800x400
Maybe HE WAS a time traveler indeed, but he succeed on his mission and now, in the probably "better" timeline, we're bound to see him as a liar, a fraud, a charlatan, because everything he predicted didn't happen, because he changed it.
>>
>>53689960
>>53690137
His alleged laser bending gravity picture was proof enough to dismiss everything he says.
>>
File: titor10.jpg (29 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
titor10.jpg
29 KB, 500x400
>>53690137
That's not was his mission was though
He wasn't trying to change his future, just get a 5100 to fix some old UNIX programs.
Speaking of which, What the hell legacy programs were they trying to fix?
Every implementation of UNIX that matters is 64 bit now, and is therefore immune to the 2038 problem.
>>53690191
This. It looks obvious as fuck that its an optic wire.
>>
File: johntitor_schemati_3478881b.jpg (54 KB, 620x473) Image search: [Google]
johntitor_schemati_3478881b.jpg
54 KB, 620x473
>>53690216
But then again, even if the laser pic was fake, why go through all the trouble of designing something like this?
It seems like to much work for a computer nerd just doing it for the lulz
>>
Elaborate ruse, because time travel is silly.
Also, he could have said SOMETHING falsifiable about some of the crazy shit that's happened between then and now.
>>
>>53690254
Well he said he's from a parallel timeline, so its basically impossible to say he was wrong because events could have happened differently in his.
>>
>>53690270
That's almost as convenient as "do not test the Lord thy God".
>>
>>53687745
>177 Tempus Edax Rerum - Good Luck, John.
>time, that devours all things
Ayyy we getting spooky
>>
>>53690286
It's true though. Read the wikipedia article.
It makes his claims unfalsifiable which is why this is so interesting
>>
>>53690306
It's interesting as a constructed story, so my conclusion is he's a reasonably well-educated writer of fiction, either pro slumming on usenet or amateur stretching his legs.
>>
>>53687745
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwH8r4VD8w
This explains the dates and JOHN-1/JOHN-2
Apparently his mother released this in 2009, and the upload date matches.
>>53690334
Did this fuck really keep a 9 year troll going on?
It all fits, especially with that empty website in the OP.
Also the Microsoft sam voice in unsettling as fuck.
>>
File: sc1(2).jpg (283 KB, 1112x850) Image search: [Google]
sc1(2).jpg
283 KB, 1112x850
>>53690250
I don't understand where this high resolution version of that schematic came from.. why is it on a random strategicbrains website and in such better quality than the original images/pdf?
>>
>>53690400
Well it's clearly the same image, so it's not like it was taken from another source.
>>
>>53690424
the point is the version I posted is in much better shape (and looks close to an original scan/higher resolution). All of the other scans I have found (including the originals) are in much lower quality, implying that this came from someone in possession of the originals..
>>
>>53690439
So you think John or Larry Haber have been updating the pictures online?
Why wouldn't they redo the laser picture then?
>>
Also this is still a very popular story, especially after that anime introduced it to newer people on the internet.
Why wouldn't they try to profit from this? Or just reprint that book that was in circulation. Clearly if they were still making shit about it 10 years after the initial posts they would still be interested.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.