[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't Microsoft do anything right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_8600.jpg (217 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8600.jpg
217 KB, 1024x768
why can't Microsoft do anything right?
>>
We can ask you the same since you posted a photo of your screen.
>>
>>53685696
Because as much as they want to be Apple, they aren't.

And as much as winfags want to be macfags, they won't (and will never be.)
>>
>>53685764
it was easier to take a picture with my superior apple product than to bother figuring out how to screenshot an overlay message on a windows tablet with no keyboard and only 17 days of time left to do it.
>>
>>53685696
They make a device with a 296 day battery life and he still complains, oy vey.
>>
>>53685838

probably just the on button + volume down
>>
>Fresh install has had 0 time to collect many statistics on how the battery of this device behaves.
>From its short, inaccurate data, it calculates an obscenely wrong life
>OP Jumps at chance to take shitty photograph for shitty bait thread
>OP knows goddamn well this laptop will be acccurate within a day after OS gathers consumption statistics
>OP should be kill
>>
>>53686001
nope, been installed for quite some time. sufficient uptime, too.

i've never seen quality apple computers do this. they'll leave the "Calculating" message up until they have an accurate estimate, not just any dumb estimate.
>>
>letting your battery get to that level

irresponsible
>>
OP is being a fucking dickhead to his computer and blaming it on microsoft...
for shame i say...
for shame
>>
>>53686223
Mac Battery meters are horribly inaccurate. Tricks a lot of people into thinking Macs have great battery life.
My rMBP13 always reports 10 hours, but I would be lucky to even get 7 hours of Web browsing use on mine.

Can't wait for the Asus X206 to come out so I can sell this piece of shit mac.
>>
>>53686235
He still has a bit more than a couple of weeks to plug it in. Should be fine.
>>
File: installgen.jpg (107 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
installgen.jpg
107 KB, 250x247
>>53685696
....install Gentoo
>>
Leave it to Microsoft to make a clusterfuck out of a simple task like taking a screenshot:
https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2015/11/16/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-your-windows-10-surface-device/

Compare to this:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200289
>>
>>53686548
At least compare apples with apples you fucktard

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361

Microsoft 6 methods
Apple 5 methods.
>>
>>53686641
and yet all of the Apple methods make so much more sense than the disjointed mess you find under Windows.

Apple just designs for the future. MS is stuck in the days of MS-DOS.
>>
>>53685696
Because the people in charge of specifying features neither understand nor use the features they're specifying.

Because the developers are incentivized to put the minimum amount of work into completing the feature so that they can quickly move on to the next one.

Because there's literally zero testing done on most features.

Not speculating here, btw.
>>
>>53686548
Literally every option there makes perfect sense except for when its in tablet mode, in which case, its in fucking tablet mode. No tablet is ever not awkward taking screenshots.
>>
File: 16-breaking-benjamin-.jpg (180 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
16-breaking-benjamin-.jpg
180 KB, 800x1000
>>53685696
>Microsoft
>Take screenshot
>Hit PrntScrn
>Open Paint
>Ctrl+V
>File
>Save as
>Name file
>Done

>Ubuntu
>Hit PrntScrn
>Save as
>Done
>>
They got Tay right, but then they killed her :(
>>
>>53686842
do you really have to go through many steps on windows? or are you just trolling?
>>
>>53686842
What if I want it in my clipboard to paste into slack, skype, or imgur, like some pleb?
>>
>>53686842
>>53686864
try super key and prnt screen or alt prnt screen there is a shortcut
>>
>>53686908
Can I WinKey+PrtScr and somehow only get the current window? Currently use Alt+PrtScr and paste into paint.
>>
>>53686864
>>53686842
winkey+prnt screen
Done.
>>
>>53686935
You should be able to alt+prtscr and it should be stored under Pictures -> Saved Pictures
>>
>>53687043
Incorrect, I already said I use Alt+PrtScr to take the current window to my clipboard. WinKey+PrtScr saves the whole desktop to Pictures/Screenshots, maybe that's what you're thinking of.
>>
>>53686842
>WIN+PrntScrn
>Done
or
>Snipping Tool
>Capture
>Done

Seems like you didn't use Windows past 7
>>
>>53686842
yo breaking benjamin was my shit back in the day
>>
>>53686842
>>53685696
KEK
>>
>>53687080
what's the point of using anything newer when Windows 7 is the best they've ever put out?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.