[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to make upgrade MOBO & CPU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ASUS M5A97 R2.0.jpg (78 KB, 615x393) Image search: [Google]
ASUS M5A97 R2.0.jpg
78 KB, 615x393
I've been using a build from about 2013 that I had built and I have been running it for a while. My CPU and MOBO are going on the fritz now so I am looking to upgrade. My current CPU and Motherboard are as follows:
>Asus M5 A97 R2.0 with 9-series Chipset
>AMD FX-6350 (black edition) 6-core 3.9GHz 14MB cache
I was thinking on moving to an 8 core intel CPU and a MOBO that could possibly have more USB 3.0 slots for my joystick and Oculus, but I'm not quite sure. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53684258
Wait for Zen.
>>
>>53684486
Zen?
>>
Coreboot
>>
>>53685550
What's Coreboot?
>>
I did some more searching and found some AMD 8-cores. Any of theirs good?
>>
>>53685635
Sure. Get a FX-9xxx and incinerate your basement.
>>
>>53684502
AMD Zen you faggot
>>
>>53685662
(more like my livingroom) but what would be a good type? I'm looking for something that may be able to run Bohemia games better or be able to handle the newer games coming out
>>
>>53685695
Been out of the loop for a while, looking into it now
>>
>>53685616
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKdLhbmjrDI

It's the open source bios. Our answer to UEFI.
>>
>>53685635
They put out way to much heat. If you want a quiet system or doesn't occasional cut out do not go that way.
>>
>>53685905
okay, anything out there that can render ARMA well?
>>
>>53685741
>>53685695
So it's a new series of AMD CPU's that are supposed to be better in nearly every way and be the main competitor to Intel?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.