[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g/ like my new desktop. It's a touchscreen and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: desktopdesktop.jpg (104 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
desktopdesktop.jpg
104 KB, 480x640
How does /g/ like my new desktop. It's a touchscreen and shit and i'm going to use it for drawings and whathaveyou. I built the desk myself from scrap wood and scrapped some shitty old touchscreen all-in-one for the screen.

I do believe I have made a true desktop computer.

Oh and I was thinking about sealing around the edges of the touchscreen with some silicone. Do you see any way this could fuck up the screen.

Feel free to post your own "desktop"
>>
>>53682027
>futureneckproblems.jpg
>>
Looks pretty cool. Got more pics?
>>
It's looks nice, you're creative.
But, what hardware specs?
>>
>>53682027
Unless this tilts toward you, get ready for future hunchback/neck problems
>>
>>53682027
>XP
>480x640

I call bullshit.
>>
Not much space for the keyboard. A newer system would also suit it better.
>>
>>53682064

I only use it for a few things. I've got a multitude of other computers that I use for actual computing.

Also, how did you ever get through school without looking down at your desk to write?
>>
>>53682137

I hadn't even installed graphics drivers yet.

>>53682122

The specs and hardware are crap. It was more of a proof of concept at this point. I don't know if I'll take the time to put nice parts on it.

>>53682152

I paid exactly $0 for this. I don't know if i want to put any more in it.
>>
File: desk2.jpg (90 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
desk2.jpg
90 KB, 640x480
>>53682101
>>
File: desk3.jpg (132 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
desk3.jpg
132 KB, 640x480
>>53682101

the underside is all sorts of ghetto rigged with wood screws.
>>
>>53682152

Oh and some time next week i'm going to chop up an old keyboard and put it into the desk. That is, if i get tired of just using the on screen keyboard.

I only needed that one for when I hadn't installed touchscreen drivers yet.
>>
>>53682191
Papers and monitors are not the same.
>>
>>53682137
It'll run at 640x480 if it fails to get 800x600 resolution on the first boot.
>>
>>53682191
it's a different angle.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.