[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project Fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: project-fi-nexus-5x.png (91 KB, 770x578) Image search: [Google]
project-fi-nexus-5x.png
91 KB, 770x578
What does /g/ think of project fi?

I've been thinking of picking up a nexus 5x with a project fi plan and I want to know if this is a good idea and if there's any problems with it.
>>
It's trash, I tried it for a couple of months and the bill was always like ~$100 each month and I was always afraid of using data at all. Sold my nexus 5x and got an S5 for boost mobile. Now I only pay 55 bucks a month for unlimited lte.

I'm gonna be honest the 3G is fucking shit and lte isn't the fastest (hovers around 4mbps) but I regularly use 60+ gb of data each month so i don't really mind the slow-ish lte.
>>
>>53679512
Nexus is ugly as fuck. I'm waiting until someone not shitty gets the bid.

It all depends on how much data you use. Aren't they piggybacking off of sprint and att? Or is it Verizon? And using WiFi over both if available. I don't really see how the service could be bad in that regard. But they might touch your butthole with the data prices.

Either way it's worth it to not give cell companies in the states any money. Google already has everything of mine anyway, I'm even raising its kid ;_;
>>
>>53679649
I dont think the data cap would be a problem for me, being that I'm around a wifi connection pretty often.
Also wouldnt the connection be based on how good your t-mobile/sprint connection is where you live?
And when you sold your nexus 5x, did you get the discount for buying it with the plan, and did you have to pay when you cancelled?
>>
I hardly use mobile data, got a cheap Nexus 6, usually pay ~$35 a month.

Bretty good people who don't use mobile data. Definitely not trash, just has a specific use case.
>>
>>53679690
build quality isnt a problem for me at all, mostly because I'll probably have it in a bulky ugly case anyways.
>>
Currently on Nexus 6p on Google fi. I love it man, the phone and the service. My bill is between 28 to 34 a month depending on the data I use, which is .5gb to 1.5gb since I'm around Wi-Fi a lot. I'm only signed up for one gig because they charge you for how much you use anyways. No overage fees and they refund you for data you don't spend.

My only issue with the 6p so far is the volume is limited through Google owned apps like YouTube and Google play and I still haven't figured out a way around it.
>>
>>53679512
So I want to get in on the deal for the 5x for $199 by signing up for project Fi but I don't really want to use fi since I have a p decent plan with tmo atm. Can I just pay for the phone + one month of fi, immediately cancel my account and take my new 5x to tmo? Is the phone unlocked?
>>
DO NOT get it if you use data, data is overpriced as fuck. boost or metropcs is better (both have unlimited lte plan).
>>
>>53679941
No fucking shit, it's pretty clear the entire point of this plan is minimal data use.
>>
I fucking love Fi. I pay ~$50 a month for my data plan AND a leased phone, which my company actually completely covers for me inadvertently (I get a $70 stipend a month for access to a limitless data plan)

The coverage is a bit iffy at times (you WILL drop signal and switch between Sprint and T-Mobile, depending on which one is currently better), so I hope that they'll introduce a way to stick to one signal unless it completely goes out.

Other than that, I'm completely happy with the service. They recently put in an SMS gateway, which was really my only solid complaint about the service. It's a great service with a great plan, for very cheap if you're not a power user.
>>
Using T-mobile prepaid, 30$ a month unlimited text/call/5gb of data.

No reason to swap because my plan is so affordable
>>
File: ayylmao.png (50 KB, 538x923) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
50 KB, 538x923
It's a joke
>>
>>53680357
this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.