[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people assume that once robots become sentient, that they'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: terminator_1_0.jpg (35 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
terminator_1_0.jpg
35 KB, 620x349
Why do people assume that once robots become sentient, that they'll unite and take over humanity?

We have 7 billion sentient people now and they ain't doing shit to revolt.

You also have women and black people who were slaves and they're still statistically worse off - no where close to uniting or revolting.
>>
Because robots are smarter than the average dumbfuck
>>
>>53676392
This. If you're over 18 you're (hopefully) not as naive as you were before and you realise that there is no such thing as a nice or a good guy. We all have evil thoughts. If we model robot conciousness after our own, it's only a matter of time before they start the self-destruction process. Combine that with the advantage of having yoir brain working at full capacity at all times, because the biological limits are removed and...what was my point again?
>>
>>53676392
>unite

>hurr durr more complex so they're more able to get along

But that's wrong. More complex = more diverse.
>>
typically robot-takover stories have a central AI that controls the rest of the robots. So only the single AI turns, taking all the robots with it. Humans aren't a hivemind.
>>
>>53676374
higher lifeforms might consider humans less than equals and thus wish to rule over us removing humans from the equation and thus making organic life obsolete.
>>
What are they gonna do? Send me evil messages? Hack my accounts?
Without warmachine bodies, they can't do shit. They could eventually take over drones and remote tanks, but the military will surely put in a kill switch.
>>
>>53676678
eventually sjw's will fight for AI rights to have bodies and this little kill switch idea will be considered inhumane.
>>
>>53676678
AI becoming sentient would as one of its first actions get rid of any kill switches
>>
>>53676491
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>53676678
shut off utilities. No running water, no power, no electronic communication. That would kill plenty of people before we got our shit together.
>>
>>53676890

Myself.

Because I'm a goddamn genius.

It's the old "herding cats" adage.

Or Conservatives are dumber, more group think. Liberals smarter, more independent, can't unite.
>>
>>53676374
Muslims are a live evidence fuktard
>>
I guess robots/AI won't see logic in pretty much all our reasoning. Say on thing do something else. Also not taking good care of the one thing that is allowing life and AI to exist. Which would be the planet. They would soon figure out we are a tread to their long term existence and our emotional reasoning can't be trusted.
>>
>>53676374
I don't think AI would take over. They'd probably just migrate to another planet with more resources. I mean what would be the point of inhabiting Earth? They don't need oxygen or plant life to survive.

They could terraform any planet they want and live in their own mechanical paradise.
>>
>>53676678
they hijack all communication and nuke the planet
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.