[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >install Debian >ancient programs >install
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: fSSh7df.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80 KB, 500x421
>be me
>install Debian
>ancient programs
>install arch for "muh bleeding edge"
>takes forever to work
>beta material
>tries antergos
>almost breaks PC
>panic.job
>goes back to comfy distro(Ubuntu mate)
>just werks
What distro does /g/ use and why?
>>
Windows 10 because what free time I have isn't worthless.
>>
>>53675180
Apparently your privacy is worthless though.
>>
>>53675167
Arch w/cinnamon

I made a post install script in case I need to install my preferred packages in one single click

Let me know if you need mine
>>
>>53675180
>what free time I have isn't worthless.
You spend the free time shilling in 4chan to get some rupees I guess?
>>
Mint. Just werks
>>
>>53675167
just install debian testing
>>
>>53675167
Manjaro. But just keep using Ubuntu Mate if it works and you can do your projects/work/etc on it.
>>
Debian sid has never broken on me and it works well, literally no problem.
>>
>>53675167

Install Windows or OSX.

Problem solved!
>>
>>53675167
A different disto each few days. I have a problem.
>>
>>53675666
Shouldn't even matter, if all your files are kept in a seperate /home
>>
>>53675257
He said Windows 10. The only shilling the pajeets do is for shitty Windows 7.
>>
>>53675703
You seem to have taken birth in the opposite way
>>
>>53675715
No way. Fucking Indians get on here all the fucking time about how Win7 is better than ten and shit. It's irritating.
>>
>>53675747
>>>17508208
Not really. Indians shill windows 10 more than anything. Their Designated CEO does the same
>>
xubuntu - lightweight as fuck and just werks
>>
>>53675817
Same, installed after windows partition shit the bed and I needed to write and submit some intro level java homework. Never worked with Linux before and gotta say xubuntu is pretty gud
>>
>>53675793
That makes no fucking sense. They don't even have goddamn toilets, you expect them to have Windows 10 computers? Nah bruh, you're retarded.
>>
>>53676377
Not all of India is a shithole
>>
Debian Unstable
>>
>>53676656
Debatable
>>
>>53675167
you dumb shit you should of just upgraded to debian sid
>>
>>53675167

PC-BSD
>>
>>53676772
Sid still has very old packages. Sid is not comparable to fedora or arch as an up to date rolling release.
Testing and sid also get frozen before every release.
Go read the fucking website beforr you shill
>>
>>53675167
Arch
>>53673964
>>
>>53675167
Its Fedora you need. Fresh without being bleeding, and stable without being stale.

Plus you get the added benefit of having people ask you how you got a Facebook OS.
>>
I can't install Windows on Ubunty. thats the problem
>>
>>53677823
yeah well look at OP and how he fucked up from using bleeding edge you dickhead
>>
>>53675167
Just don't use stable debian you retarde moron if you need modern progs for godsake
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.