[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tracking device thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: GPS-Tracking-Device.jpg (166 KB, 400x536) Image search: [Google]
GPS-Tracking-Device.jpg
166 KB, 400x536
Remember, the NSA passively collects cell phone location data and stores it in their FASCIA database, even in the US. So what tracking device do you carry every day /g/?
>>
>>53672197
One thing nice about the gov is that they show up like lightening on the em band. So easy to find. If there ever is a civil war the gov is in trouble.
>>
is that a lightsaber?
>>
>>53672351
It's a battery.
>>
>>53672197
If they look at my location all they'll see is I'm either at home or at work.
I don't go anywhere else.
>>
You retards are the background noise, not the main attraction.
>>
On a related note... do cellphones transmit GPS data while not logged in with a provider? (i.e. when not entering the PIN code)

My phone runs over the company I work for, and usually I "log out" because I don't want to be bothered with any calls from work, and for the most part just use it as an mp3 player in my free time. Well, not that I give any fucks if my boss could track my movements, just curious.
>>
nsa also collects all radio broadcast
>>
>>53673447
Tell that to the 90% of /g/ who thinks the "botnet" is spying on what kind of hentai they're jerking off to.
>>
File: 1450038586413.png (117 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450038586413.png
117 KB, 480x480
>>53673610
>logging out of a phone
wat
>>
File: Screenshot_20160325-024407.png (87 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160325-024407.png
87 KB, 1440x2560
>>53673755
>>
>>53673610
>>53673772
holy fuck
>>
>>53673843
I hope no one actually uses it
>>
>>53673447
>we have all this extremely sophisticated computers and algorithms
>terrorists still are able to do things all the time
>>
>>53673870
They can't even track people they want to to track. What makes /g/ special?
>>
File: 1458411973293.jpg (305 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
1458411973293.jpg
305 KB, 960x539
mfw my work gave me a phone with airwatch tracking bullshit in it
mfw the faggot nerds in the it department get to track and record my location
mfw the entire management and upper management have these phones and nobody else gives the slightest fuck
>>
>>53673886
they spend all their lives on a computer.
>>
File: YGUGIpq.jpg (37 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
YGUGIpq.jpg
37 KB, 500x367
tfw I can't logout of my phone
>>
File: nsa-tao-cisco-interdiction.jpg (59 KB, 701x303) Image search: [Google]
nsa-tao-cisco-interdiction.jpg
59 KB, 701x303
>>53672197
>>
>>53673737
They are, it's just that an automated system automatically marks it as not interesting or files it under "this guy jerked off to that".
>>
>>53672197
jokes on them.
i never leave home.
>>
File: w-skyview-gB.jpg (182 KB, 982x1017) Image search: [Google]
w-skyview-gB.jpg
182 KB, 982x1017
>>53672197
>2016
>Worrying about innacurate cell tower triangulation
>Not realizing your movements are tracked at a much larger scale by your local PD

Google for "Persistent Surveillance Systems"
>>
yes yes everyone knows you guys are team america and collect every magnet in the universe

did you ever think to just ask? I could have told you everyone here is fucking crazy.
>>
>>53672197
>NSA
>FASCIA database

Say what you want, but you have to admire their self-awareness.
>>
>>53674018
Leave it at the office at 9am every morning, don't take it with you to lunch, bring it home aftwr work and store it in a lead lines safe. Problem solved. If asked, say "whoops, teehee, silly me, i'm stupid"
>>
>>53673870
>terrorists still are able to do things all the time

Mass surveillance targets populations, not individuals. Terrorism has nothing to do with it.

Look at Brussels for instance: bunch of muslim terrorists were exactly where the police thought they were. They even looked like terrorists (9/11 hijackers at least shaved their beards and tried to appear like proper human beings).
It would only have taken the usual police work.

They used burners to communicate, they were about as sophisticated as common street thugs. All this bullshit about data retention and encryption is just an excuse for the agencies to get whatever they want.
>>
File: cisco-interdiction-implant-2014.png (387 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
cisco-interdiction-implant-2014.png
387 KB, 2550x3300
>>53676623
> interdiction

apple finally figured out their dell/hp servers were interdicted.

scandal of the century.
>>
>>53677086
whats wrong with burners? seems like it would be pretty difficult to track burners to anyone specially in a city the size of brussels, not sure what the population of molenbeek is but again with as many cell phones as there are, it would be difficult. Even more difficult if they did all their communications online through some service or encrypted channels.

again the thing that is beyond understanding is, according to the snowden leaks the usa has the capacity, and that is the keyword here, to "spy" on everyones communications world wide yet they fail to stop anything from happening, they (nsa) has not been able to produce a single event that was stopped by the use of their spy programs, or even use such information in criminal prosecutions. so what the hell do they do with all this information?
>>
>>53677301
>whats wrong with burners
You need to be careful with them as modern software can automatically associate when you're switching between burners using factors such as the places the phones travel, the numbers called, and the time activated vs the time when the previous burner was deactivated. If one phone stops being used and another phone starts being used, especially if it is used to call the same numbers or travels to the same places as the previous phone then the software they use can automatically associate those phones. Look up the NSA's SKYNET program.
>>
File: kryptos.jpg (28 KB, 536x425) Image search: [Google]
kryptos.jpg
28 KB, 536x425
>>53677301
>they (nsa) has not been able to produce a single event that was stopped by the use of their spy programs

/pol/ here, brother. This isn't about keeping anyone safe, it's about bilking easy money from the government. These systems are a way for a handful of smart people to make themselves very rich on the taxpayers dime. Like >>53677086 says, traditional police work would have been enough to pop these "terrorists" if keeping people safe was the goal. That isn't as important as a frightened population willing to let the government waste money on "prevention programs" though. The basic idea is that they provide a hopelessly complex "system" that neither law enforcement or the government could ever hope to utilize or understand, then they provide "upkeep" to that system at a premium price.
>>
>>53672334
>em band
if you're talking about the electromagnetic spectrum, you're retarded
>>
>>53677086
Burners?
>>
>>53679547
Prepaid cell phone you use for a day then throw away, pay with cash, activate with fake name, they dont require any actual biographical data to use.
>>
I wrap my dick in tin foil to alienate women for my protection.
>>
>>53676758
>Persistent Surveillance Systems
Anything that uses regular planes is going to be to expensive to be persistent. Drones that can be set up to fly specific routes without a pilot on the other hand.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.