[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone give me the lowdown on what I can actually do with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: fire6pack.jpg (500 KB, 1200x773) Image search: [Google]
fire6pack.jpg
500 KB, 1200x773
Can anyone give me the lowdown on what I can actually do with this thing? I bought it awhile back for reading textbook PDFs and I've kept it on FireOS 5.0.1 so I could crack it down the road and deprive the Amazon Jew of $20 advertising dollars. Is it possible to root this thing at this point? Is it even worth it?
>>
>>53660630
Pretty much nothing. You have access to a shittier, less-fun version of the Google Play store, and FireOS is surprisingly more botnet than you'd think.

If you're going to get a Kindle, get a Paperwhite or Voyager. If you want an all-purpose tablet, get an iPad or a Nexus 7/9.
>>
>>53660630
Look for your model on Cyanogenmod, there may be a compatible rom
>>
>>53660812
What do you mean by less fun version of the Google Play store?
>>
>>53661326
Amazon tablets don't come with any Google apps including the Google play store. Instead you have to get your apps from the Amazon app store or sideload them
>>
>>53661409
Right, I know that is the case by default but I was asking about rooting this piece of shit which, I assume, allows for actual Google Play.
>>
Have you tried shoving it up your ass
>>
>>53661429
god damn is google that hard? Seems you have the ability to post here, y u no google?
>>
>>53662143
Google returns a smorgasbord of contradictory and potentially unsafe resources. I was hoping /g/ could help a nigga out with some knowledge.
>>
Primarily Hearthstone and Chrome. 6 GB fills up p fast.
>>
>>53662245
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243
These guys are usually legit.
>>
File: 164896_97117472.jpg (21 KB, 556x370) Image search: [Google]
164896_97117472.jpg
21 KB, 556x370
>>53662274
Thanks.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.