[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, please save me my car was recently totaled and with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: jdkag.jpg (127 KB, 500x888) Image search: [Google]
jdkag.jpg
127 KB, 500x888
/g/, please save me

my car was recently totaled and with the settlement i bought a 2000 nissan maxima, limited edition se. it doesn't have an auxiliary port, and my ipod is an old 120gb ipod classic so auxiliary is really the only way i can use it.

what is the best method for playing my ipod through the speakers of this car? are fm transmitters actually any good? i've heard the sound quality can be garbage, is there a specific model i can get that will insure good sound quality? or should i be looking into some kind of involved hard-wiring?
>>
>>53659617
install a new fuckign sterio its like $100 and an hour and a half of work tops
>>
>>53659623
this is gonna be your best option
>>
>>53659617
I suppose stereos are not a thing in your country Mr. Redneck.
>>
>>53659623
>>53659640
>>53659649
more money than i'd hoped to spend but ok i trust you
>>
>>53659675
You can get a stereo with aux for like $25
Pay somebody to install it or do it yourself.
>>
>>53659617
can confirm fm transmitters are shit, even if the range is amplified

am/fm radio sounds terrible
>>
Does it have a cassette input?
>>
>>53659804
this
>>
File: 51xadE+iqHL._SY400_.jpg (11 KB, 426x400) Image search: [Google]
51xadE+iqHL._SY400_.jpg
11 KB, 426x400
I'm fairly certain the 2000 Nissan maxima has a cassette input

Get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13981611
>>
>>53659839
how's the sound quality? do i have to replace the whole setup when the cord starts going bad or just the cord?

>>53659804
it does
>>
>>53659968
although it's super fucking cheap so it doesn't really matter either way
>>
>>53659968
Just buy one new. There's also a head cleaner of this form sold with a cleaning liquid.
>>
If the stereo has a cassette player, they make tapes that have an aux input and you can use that. I haven't used one in ~5 years but the quality was pretty good then.
>>
>>53659617
In 2009 Apple was selling 160GB iPod Classics, HOW CAN THEY DO THAT? Phones today 7 years later mostly come in 16GB packages, why?
>>
>>53660443
They had actual hard drives inside
>>
>>53659968
the quality is not that bad actually
i used these on my 2004 renault clio (RIP my old friend) and the chinese store nearby sold them for like 1.50 euros each, the only problem is that they never lasted more than 3 months
>>
>>53660619
I had a $20 I found at Wal-Mart that last me 6 years straight
Guess it's just one of those things closely linked with quality vs price

It's not going to be full hifi, but it's pretty good and nowhere near as bad as the fm transmitters
>>
>>53659617
If that car has BOSE speakers and you're trying to change headunits, you're fucked. My old Infiniti (basically a luxury Maxima) had them. Something about inline preamps that were factory installed on each speaker. Cost me an extra ~300 dollaroos to switch them all out.
>>
>>53659675
get your car fitted with an aux cable it's not that expensive...well in my area anyway but I live near a lot of mexicans (SFV) so shit like that is cheap around here.

>>53659968
the quality is not bad on those tape deck things. Those FM transmitters aren't bad either, just don't buy the cheapest one they've got if you go that route
>>
>>53660443
one is a dedicated music player that reads its file from a hard drive and not an SD card, the other is a smartphone. You put like zero thought into that comment didn't you?
>>
None of u mongoloids realize this breh jamaled the car. An elaborate ruse has been played on all
>>
Go to the damn pawn shop or junk yard. I'm assuming this is one of those setups that are integrated into the dash, in which case your options are all going to be labor intensive. The junk yard would be your best bet for finding some sort of way to rig it up. I'm sure another car there engineered it somehow and you can rip out their wiring and devices for dirt cheap.

Otherwise use that ghetto tape player to aux input.
>>
>>53661185
dude idk what junkyards you go to but the ones I frequent don't usually have cars new enough to have aux cables

also, all that shit you're telling him to look for is ALWAYS gone when you get there
>>
>>53661204
Depends on the junk yard. I usually have bretty good success with finding the random shit I need at my local place. Granted, this is like a once every 3 - 5 year ordeal so my sample size isn't very high.
>>
I was in the same boat as you OP
So people told me to replace my stereo deck with one with an aux port, that this was more practical than trying to splice an aux port in line with the stock stereo.

So i did. I got a new deck, and promptly blew my stock speakers because the deck oversupplied power. Now people are telling me this was inevitable and you always replace the speakers when you get an aftermarket deck so the wattage matches

dont be like me. dont spend hundreds getting an aftermarket deck installed just so you can listen through an aux line in, so you can blow all your speakers ten minutes later. I currently drive a car with blown speakers and a riced out aftermarket deck, and a bluetooth portable speaker stashed in the armrest so I can hear my music and audiobooks.

I wish I had just gotten a cassette tape adapter, or an fm transmitter. mediocre sound quality would have been infinitely better than a full set of blown car speakers. I'm a total noob but My advice is to use a method that sticks with your cars stock stereo deck and speakers because the stock amp is highly unlikely to blow your speakers
>>
My friend's cassette tape adapter is pretty good.
>>
>>53659617
buy a head unit w an aux input you retard
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.