[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/uys, I'm looking for some opinions. I'm starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hi /g/uys,

I'm looking for some opinions.

I'm starting a new (medium scale) project, and am still on the fence when it comes to the frontend framework/libraries I want to use.

I'm considering the following options:
- Aurelia
- React

Suggestions for other frameworks/libraries are welcome too, though they must provide a viable solution for mobile applications.

Another thing I'm wondering about is wether anyone has any experience with TypeScript in a production environment, as I'm inclined to use it, what were your experiences?
>>
>React

http://www.haneycodes.net/npm-left-pad-have-we-forgotten-how-to-program/

Here is a good read about those retarded "programming languages". Don't join the ranks of these retards. Fuck this framework/library mentality for every little shit. Go use a decent language.
>>
>>53657686
php and bootsrap
now fuck off
>>
>>53657717
>RoR and bootstrap
>now fuck off
fixed
>>
React because big companies are using it (Airbnb, etc) and it will help you get a job if you want.

If you want typing, try Flow instead of typescript. Maybe I'm just biased against MS though
>>
>>53657686
if you liked angular and stick more to MVC, go aurelia

otherwise react + redux all the way... fucking awesome

no php and ruby lol

- a senior developer working on a major enterprise
>>
My team are using Aurelia for our latest project. It's OK, a lot of other tools only partially support it or need workarounds. Tbh if we could pick it again we would go with angular 2 or use react and fill in the blanks

Aurelia has a small presence on SO and Google, so most of your answers will come from the Aurelia gitter
>>
>>53657842
>>53657857
>>53657826
Thanks for your replies, I'm looking at the Aurelia TypeScript skeleton now, and I really like it.

>>53657857
What kind of tools are you referring to?

>>53657842
What would be Aurelia's downside in comparison to react + redux?
>>
>>53657975
less streamlined = less support, as said you need to ask on gitter often
quite new but trusted by some
all-in-one vs "compose your stack"
react-redux makes you care more about your state and you can fine-tune better what happens in your app
aurelia has more magic basically
redux makes you think about pure functions and functional programming while keeping an immutable state, so really good practices

aurelia has gained popularity because is "ready-to-go" and has more or less the good old old mvc architecture

even tho with react and nwb you can start a react project with live reload of everything in minutes

last thing, I dont know about aurelia but with react you can server-side render you app and make it isomorphic/universal so you keep 1 language across your whole project sharing code backend and frontend
>>
>>53657975
We had issues setting up Aurelia to run with protractor for our end to end tests. We've recently had issues with jspm and the version of core js it supports. The latest version removed aurelias dependency on core is and replaced it with its own polyfill library but it's really strippes down so when we test on ie 9 and 10 a lot of functionality was broken or missing, and the polyfills we needed to get it to run couldn't be brought in via jspm or npm.

Also aurelias plugins are still under heavy development like the ui components or their testing and validation plugins. They can be worked around mostly, we are use jquery validate and jquery ui but it would be nice if the plugins were stable just to keep everything in sync rather than shoehorning various third party things in
>>
>>53658337
Have you had any experience with other frameworks? How does Aurelia compare?
>>
>>53658662
Not much, some basic experience with react, and extensive use of dojo although it's more of a toolkit. I would have liked to have trialled angular 2 before we settled on aurelia, the downside of having architects make the decisions without consulting the developers who'll use it I suppose
>>
>>53660298
I'll give Angular 2 a shot as well, on the github it says the release candidate is only at 20% (https://github.com/angular/angular/milestones) is it safe for production?
>>
>>53660478
Well their definition of beta is its now a candidate for production use. Skim over dzone.com/articles/how-to-run-angular-2-in-production-today-1 for more olinfo on it
>>
>>53661327
Thanks anon
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.