[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Source Communism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: open_source_communism.jpg (86 KB, 507x679) Image search: [Google]
open_source_communism.jpg
86 KB, 507x679
http://stopnerds.org/gnu-and-stalinism/

discuss
>>
>>53654500
Seems like it.
>>
>>53654500

tldr idealists get BTFO by the real world
>>
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Marxism, is in fact, Marxism-Leninsm, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Marxism-Leninsm (anti revisionist). Marxism is not a revolutionary theory unto itself, but rather the scientific, dialectical method of a fully functioning revolutionary theory made useful by the Leninist theory of the vanguard, Democratic centralism, and the revolutionary party comprising a full proletarian revolutionary subject as defined by Karl Marx.

Many revolutionaries use a modified version of the Leninist system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Leninism which is widely used today is often called Marxism, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Leninist system, developed by Vladimir Lenin.

There really is a Marxism, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Marxism is the critique of political economy: the critique the party uses to inject class consciousness into the proletariat that they organize. Marxism is an essential part of a proletarian revolution, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a revolutionary subject. Marxism is normally used in combination with the Leninist system: the whole system is basically Leninism with Marxism added, or Marxism-Leninsm. All the so-called Marxist parties are really Marxist-Leninist parties!
>>
File: Karl-Marx-014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Karl-Marx-014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>53654572
>mfw people call communism "idealist"
>>
>>53654938

I think he's referring to the fictional communism.
>>
>>53654938
such an epic beard
>>
>accuses GNUtards if being extremist
>by the end of the article, sounds like an extremist himself.
>>
File: 1455951339859.png (214 KB, 339x430) Image search: [Google]
1455951339859.png
214 KB, 339x430
>>53654500
I am okay with this.
>>
>>53654500
http://stopnerds.org/recommended-software/
>>
>>53654500
In life, you need to choose between two alternatives:
> The Botnet
> GNU/Linux
The botnet pays you, but is evil.
GNU/Linux is free, open source and good, but doesn't pay you.
>>
>>53656441
>10/10
>>Christopher "moot" Poole
>4 years ago
>>
>>53654902

7/10 made me chuckle
>>
>>53655041

>implying all forms of communism aren't fictional systems
>>
>>53654902

the satirical irony of this sort of outlines what i think of when i hear of "free software".

most people just making their source code public since they treat their project as a personal project (they have real jobs during the day).

then there are these idiots that come along and tell you, "no no no, you are mistaken, THIS IS SO MUCH MORE, REVOLUTION IS UPON US"

The free software movement is ironically one where, if they had their way, proprietary software could not exist (no clue how you'd do this). Whereas in an actual free society, people are free to make the choice of keeping their source code private or public.
>>
>>53657311
You seem to not understand what the difference between public source code and free software is. Public Domain was the default right until the 70s.
>>
Jesus what the hell is this
>>
>>53654500
Nailed it.
>>
File: airstrike.jpg (15 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
airstrike.jpg
15 KB, 400x293
>>53654500
>http://stopnerds.org/gnu-and-stalinism/
>>
>>53657932
how do you idiots manage to breathe?
>>
>>53654500
I tend to agree, software extremists are rediculous. That doesnt mean open software = communism

The free market is probably the largest contributor to free software.

Why wouldn't it be capatalistic to take existing tools and improving them as much as you need to. Improving the quality of the product and spending as little money as possible for a maximum return.

While that is a rose tinted view the point still exists.
>>
>>53654500
>http://stopnerds.org/gnu-and-stalinism/

site literally runs on nginx free software.

middle-school-tier rant btw
>>
>>53658240

>Improving the quality of the product and spending as little money as possible for a maximum return.

ecommerce is a fucking insurmountable mammoth that literaly became what it is because of just this. we're talking dollars approach a trillion because of an open internet and www
>>
>>53657311
>Whereas in an actual free society, people are free to make the choice of keeping their source code private or public.

GPL covers distribution. You can pull code and do what you want in private.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.