[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, I'm hunting for Software Dev jobs right now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 18hyfk3t3yfo7jpg.jpg (183 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
18hyfk3t3yfo7jpg.jpg
183 KB, 640x360
So /g/, I'm hunting for Software Dev jobs right now and I've run into something of an issue. Technical interviews. These things are all my own personal nightmare. When people timebox me into an hour to solve some weird fucking problem my brain just craps out. I've had at least 6 so far and all have ended in "Thanks for your interest". How do I come to solutions for algorithmic problems faster and cleaner?

Should I just go sit down and do a million of them?
>>
git gud
>>
>>53652535
I'm curious, whats your education like OP?
>>
>>53652595
Degree in CS
>>
File: legend.jpg (10 KB, 260x177) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
10 KB, 260x177
>>
>>53652621
Okay, just checkin.
I thought you might be one of those meme spouting anime posters that insist that going to uni for CS is a waste of time.
>>
>>53652535
>When people timebox me into an hour to solve some weird fucking problem my brain just craps out
literally every time I'm tested on anything.
>>
>>53652721
Wasn't necessary for me to get these job offers. Programming is an outlier in this respect.
>>
>>53652721
If you're good enough it is, if you suck better finish that degree.
>>
>>53652535
>Should I just go sit down and do a million of them?
YES! You need more practice. Cracking the Coding Interview is still my go-to, but I hear Top Coder is also good. Stick to Java as most interviews will be done using that. If you have a friend that can give you a mock interview, do it.

Just git gud. It takes time and practice, but you need to do it.
>>
>>53652747
>I'm smart, I'm just a bad test taker
>>
>>53652535
>Should I just go sit down and do a million of them?
That's exactly what you should do. Pick a language you enjoy working with, go to Project Euler, and start banging out solutions. It's pretty fun once you get started.
>>
>>53652535
>>53652747
here's the secret. You are not smart. Both of you are idiots.
No company has any use for someone so stupid that "solve this basic problem" takes them an hour to do nothing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.