[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
explain
>>
>>53651435
I would, but it seems rather futile.

You see, I am under the impression that you posted this question in hopes that I would be angered, or frustrated by the image.

Please let me know when you are genuinely curious, and would truly like to know my opinion on the subject. I will be waiting.
>>
>>53651435
The image is just tumblr bullshit, CS is really just applied logic & math.
inb4 "muh calculus"
>>
>>53651435
No it's about programming
https://youtu.be/2ctRUep1QkA?list=PLAA56627E2FEAE24C&t=90
>>
>>53651435
Everything else in that image is called computer engineering.
>>
>>53651435
Computer science is just math
>>
>>53651584
Yet most computer scientists struggle with calc 2
>>
>>53651621
Which is why I switched to applied math. At my Uni the people in Computer Science only wanted to be software engineers or work on video games. They would get agitated or defensive at the slightest mention of mathematics.
>>
>>53651435
What is there to explain? Those are all topics you might expect to see covered in a computer science program.
>>
>>53651621
>>53651930
I hope I don't have to be surrounded to closely by people like that.
Plan on going into CS but I love math
>>
>>53651984
It depends a lot on where you go. Try to end up somewhere you can switch if the CS program is trash.
>>
>>53651621
I've always had an appreciation/envy for math and people good at math, but was kind of mediocre at it until just recently. I didn't do super well during trig/pre-calc at my previous university and in high school, so I was worried I was just shit at math.. But I'm currently taking Calc I and finally doing well and appreciating and enjoying math. I know Calc I is baby-poo but it still feels good to finally have a genuine appreciation of math for once.
>>
>>53651584
Sick meme
>>
>>53651930
Can you tell me more about how applied math is and what you're planning to do with it? I have about two months to pick my major
>>
>>53651435
Those are all courses provided by your average University CS department. Nothing to explain.
>>
Does CS have any multivariables calculus
>>
>>53651469
I am. Not OP. As a Comp. Sci student i'm shit at coding but my theory and understanding is high. leaning more toward hobbiest. Pentesting and social engineering is fun tho
>>
>>53651984
You will, I'm one of those people.

I graduated without failing any classes, but I hate goddamn math and it makes me feel like a fool, to pass my math classes I had to work my ass off just to get the garbage.

I just wanted to be a software engineer. People who go into it for games are just deluded fools.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.