[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GPU Trouble Thread /GTT/ Post your worst experiences with GPU's.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1452288918997.jpg (2 MB, 2126x1444) Image search: [Google]
1452288918997.jpg
2 MB, 2126x1444
GPU Trouble Thread /GTT/

Post your worst experiences with GPU's.

Be as objectively about it as possible.

Don't forget to mention your exact card, aswell as the vendor being used.
>>
I'll start.

i recently got an Asus 260X very cheap, just to find out, you can't run it with the latest Crimson drivers, but instead, only with their proprietary drivers on their website, which are way outdated and won't even provide FreeSync support.

This is probably the fault on Asus themselves rather than the card but really, why would i want a card to not get the best out of it?
>>
>>53651136
>Post your worst experiences with GPU's.
>
>Be as objectively about it as possible.
That's pretty easy, AMD's Crossfire support. It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>53651336
brand? card? why? reading comprehension?
>>
>>53651349
What does the brand have to do with CF support? It's purely software. The cards are 290Xs, but that also doesn't matter since CF support is on a per-game basis, not per-card.

And because game profiles either don't exist at all, or are late, or are broken on release. Having properly working CF in a new game on day 1 would essentially be a miracle, hell, it's unlikely to get them even in the first week. Sometimes profiles come out after months or don't come out at all, especially if the game you want to play isn't a major AAA blockbuster. It's all-around terrible.
>>
9600GT, don't remember the vendor, no problems.

HD 5770, MSI, no problems.

960 GTX, MSI, no problems.
>>
>>53651417
i actually hope directx12 is gonna fix this shit.

the era of vr devices could actually lead to vastly improved crossfire/sli support.
>>
>>53651452
DX12 could actually fix this, yes. Ashes of the Singularity runs beautifully, at 4K too, with High+ settings on cards from 2013.

Thing is though, that there's no guarantee for widespread DX12 multi-GPU support. Devs actually have to put the work in to implement it themselves or at the very least the major engine devs have to do it. Going by mGPU support trends, I'm not holding out too much hope.
>>
Pretty sure my mobo is fried, I've got no signal on any monitor I use, I've swapped gpu's Ive used integrated graphics, I've booted with and without ssd and no signal on any monitor. I'm pretty sure my windows installation is okay because when the harddrive is in I can hear Windows start up sounds through my speakers, and without harddrive it Post's because I can hear the CPU fan speeds increase.
>>
>>53651136
Do you also want me to send an xml to your server?
>>
>>53651665
due to that vr crossfire/sli could find native support by gameengines like unreal or cryengine, the chances are very good.

>>53652234
only if you fill out my survey
>>
Gigabyte gtx 960

I hate Windows 10.
I want dual boot with Linux.
Then delete Windows once Linux werks.
Can't get Linux to install.
Black screen every time.
Installed in troubleshooting mode.
Can't set native resolution..... Even after proprietary driver activation....

Help please
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.