[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frankencomputer help, please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ss (2016-03-23 at 05.21.35).png (143 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-23 at 05.21.35).png
143 KB, 1360x768
I have a passworded HDD from an old laptop that I'd really like to make use of but I can't for the life of me figure out a way to remove the damn password, and it seems like this computer is absolutely outright refusing to actually let me use it.

I've googled the shit out of this and all I can find is people whining that they lost their data, but I don't give a flying fuck about the data since it's a formatted hard drive. I just want to be able to access it, format it, and use it to store shit on it.

I can view it with the command line and speccy sees it no problem, but I don't know how to actually get to it in order to format it.

Somebody please help me, it's driving me insane.

And before you make fun of me for the resolution, it's a fairly old HDTV that happens to have an HDMI port. I don't have any actual computer monitors and I technologically live 6 years in the past because I'm excessively cheap.
>>
Run diskpart. use that to just completely clean the drive. should remove the password.

commands are something like :

DISKPART

LIST DISKS

SELECT DISK *

CLEAN

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

NONE OF THAT NEEDS TO BE IN CAPS.
>>
File: ss (2016-03-23 at 05.42.05).png (97 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-23 at 05.42.05).png
97 KB, 1360x768
>>53651242
nothin doin
>>
if hard disk is locked then you wont be sble to until you unlock it. im talking about locked, as in old xbox (original) days. what laptop is it?
>>
>>53651849
a shitty old dell

or do you want the exact model?
>>
>>53651849
Also how the holy fuck do I unlock it?

I KNOW THE PASSWORD. I can access it
>>
>>53652605
Do you really think that's how it works newfaggot?
>>
>>53652912
OP was responding to a post which explicitly asked for the model, dumbshit
>>
>>53652912
>>53653068
What exactly are you bickering about?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.