[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ONLY NINTENDO INNOVATES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: GB8lTkz.jpg (632 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
GB8lTkz.jpg
632 KB, 1600x900
Everyone else copies.
>>
what am i looking at?
>>
>>53645169
a fake controller
>>
>>53645169
An alleged controller/new Nintendo console thing. It's probably not real and Nintendo will die in 5 years don't worry about it
>>
>>53645169
The supposed new NX controller which everyone knows is a shit idea and no one has proof for.
>>
>>53645185
Nintendo has enough money to fail at making 100+ consoles and still keep going. Nintendo will never die.
>>
File: pkfWmFK.jpg (437 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pkfWmFK.jpg
437 KB, 1600x900
>>53645169
>what am i looking at?

Finnish dev posted a pic of the prototype NX controller
>>
>>53645185
>Nintendo will die in 5 years do

Nintendo is profitable and has enough BILLIONS IN CASH to release 10 more consoles over the next 20 years
>>
>>53645257

That's not how public traded companies work fgt. If investors pull out and nintendo branf is tarnished, they are as good as dead.
>>
>>53645169
look like his rear view mirror fell off better get some super glue
>>
>>53645953
>investors

Nintendo has BILLIONS IN CASH stored away. They don't depend on investors to survive.
>>
I saw this thread and legit thought I was on /v/
>>
>>53646431
>rear view mirror

It's designed in that way on purpose. It's the idea shape to give you a 360 degree surround view when slid into Nintendo's VR glasses.
>>
>>53646514
VR with that? Ha! All you'll get with that will be thumbsticks in your eyes.
>>
>>53645127
Is this the new playstation portable?
>>
>>53646514
if they wanted to mkae an innovative VR AR headset they would have made concave screens for it ,like mini omni max theaters
>>
File: ZHMXypA.png (129 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
ZHMXypA.png
129 KB, 800x521
BASED NINTENDO

INVENTED VR GAMING

COMES BACK AND DESTROYS THE VR NEWFAGS ONCE AGAIN
>>
>>53646786

>implying Nintendo follows rules
>implying Nintendo doesn't invent a revolutionary new way
>>
>>53645185
i know this is a joke, but people actually believe this.

>The company that owns Mario and Pokemon going out of business.

Could literally drop out of console making market and still thrive as just a games/merch creator

>Owns the handheld gaming market
The only thing that even competes is shitty mobile games, and nintendo could just as easily make mobile games

>The only company to break sales records selling a console no one even played

Yeah, there's no worrying about nintendo.
The only reason they even appear to have money issues ever is because they are so determined to have their own ecosystem, but they have so many cash cow products they can afford to ride it out for ages until they just give in and become 3rd party or succeed
>>
CONFIDENTIAL PROPERTY
>>
>>53645127
What does the number 8 in the cables mean?
>>
>>53645127
The controller is actually rectangular with 16 buttons. But the rest was removed from the NA/EU regiom for "cultural differences"
>>
I used to be a hardcore nintendo fan.

After the Wii U I felt they seriously dropped the ball as hard as they could on purpose. It's like they really want to be Sega. I'm not buying the NX unless it's like 200 dollars at launch, has pretty good titles on launch and doesn't rely on gimmicks.

Also last time I checked this wasn't /v/
>>
>>53646786
Concave led inside flat surface, plz thats an easy one, honestly if Nintendo went VR, id be interested. All virtualboy jokes aside the company knows how to make game - linked stuff well. Anything facebook is a no and nothing else aside from the steam stuff interests me. Mario party in vr may induce violence to loved ones.
>>
File: splatoon.jpg (52 KB, 426x360) Image search: [Google]
splatoon.jpg
52 KB, 426x360
>>53647035

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>53645357
>Nintendo devs using Mac.
>>
>>53647248
>doesn't play the newest nintendo titles
>must be a cod kiddie

It's like saying

>doesn't buy a macbook pro
>must use windows 10 with cortana
>>
>>53647271

You can use Linux or Windows as well
>>
File: splatoon_awards.jpg (137 KB, 840x1249) Image search: [Google]
splatoon_awards.jpg
137 KB, 840x1249
>>53647290

>blah blah hating on Nintendo for some autistic reason
>missing out on the best games of this generation on any platform

Yeah, kill yourself
>>
>>53647367
You mean a more pedophile friendly version of tf2?
>>
>>53645127
more hi res pics of device. let's see it from different angles. also turn it on. make a webm of it in use.
>>
>>53646514
What a dumb idea. I don't even look at my phone when I'm typing why would I look at my hands when I'm playing.
>>
>videomemes

>>
>>53647497
You are mistaking splatoon for overwatch
>>
File: 1436829075749.png (48 KB, 365x214) Image search: [Google]
1436829075749.png
48 KB, 365x214
>>53645127
not technology
>>
Nintendo needs to stop with the gimmicks already. It's like they want to fail on purpose. Just create a gimmick free console like the rest of the competition and give us those next level non cartoony Nintendo games. Even the Xbox one learned from their gimmick the first time. I just really wanted that legend of Zelda tech demo to be the actual art style, not the whole cartoony look of skyward sword.
Either way, Nintendo is definitely done for in terms of competition. You know somethings wrong when your own controller costs more to manufacture than the console itself.
>>
>>53648466
No that's Splatoon.

But there's actually good Wii U games too.
>>
>>53647035
The only thing wrong with WiiU is that nobody wants to make games for it. That started with the Wii but that sold so many consoles that it didn't matter. This time Nintendo gave 3rd parties the floor and nobody wanted it because they wanted better graphics instead of trying to make fun gimmick games. Nintendo is stuck being the biggest game company in a world that wants derivative FPS and realistic brown graphics while all they want to do is make colorful quirky games. That's why they're going downhill. The only thing that might help them is if they figure out how to appeal to normies with a pricey generic console and somehow find a way to shove a couple gimmicks in there, but unless the new presidency has some wild ideas that doesn't seem likely.
>>
Without Nintendo there would be no Occulus
>>
>Nintendo had a great idea with dual controllers for the Wii, but instead of utilizing it to basically have superior input quantity with comfort at the same time to finally drive console gaming by advancing gameplay and mechanics closer to PC standards, they used a sensor gimmick to fuck it up and still kept it simple

>Nintendo had the financial opportunity from Wii sales which was an irrational godsend, to make a great console that would overpower the Sony and Xbone
>instead made a joke of a handheld piece of shit that's named after the male genetalia, except male genitalia is more capable than the console

>Nintendo had the opportunity to fall into the good graces of all gamers by removing the retarded geoblocking and focusing on putting money into developers like they used to a long time ago in order to create a great gaming library akin to the old times, right when Sony and Microsoft had garnered major negative rep for their anti-consumer decisions for the new consoles
>didn't utilize it, and worse than that Nintendo decided to wage war against its own userbase by irrationally going on a DMCA crusade against YouTube channels for trivial idiotic reasons

I don't know how a company can be managed that badly. I really don't. You could put teenage children to run it, and it'd be run more rationally than the idiots managing it now. It's like they are purposely running themselves into the ground.
>>
>>53648983
Nintendo didn't even make games for it. Best selling game they made for it was fucking mario kart.
>>
>>53648670

> Just create a gimmick free console like the rest of the competition and give us those next level non cartoony Nintendo games

But then why would you buy a fucking console when you could buy a PC and get the same shit in a better form?

This generation of consoles from Sony and Microsoft are a big fucking "meh" because you can get most of the games they have on a PC and get better performance.

Microsoft and Sony are turning their console into a commodity PC. They are commodifying consoles. At that point what differentiates a PC "console" from a normal PC other than price? Not much really.

Meanwhile you can only play most Nintendo games on a Nintendo console.
>>
>>53651603
>But then why would you buy a fucking console when you could buy a PC and get the same shit in a better form?
>"Gee wiz! I'm now playing Kerbal Space in 4k. But where are the Nintendo IPs?"

exclusive nintendo games, fucking idiot
>>
>>53645127
its kinda cool, go away /v/
>>
>>53651603
>But then why would you buy a fucking console when you could buy a PC and get the same shit in a better form?
Kind of hard to apply that argument to Nintendo.
Nintendo has an established gaming philosophy and culture that's completely different from Sony and Microsoft. Their biggest advantage was that they focused on taking risks through creativity and innovation mainly, while keeping games intelligently designed to cater to all ages.
They have a unique focus on having things cartoony, yet not loosing that feel when even making sort of realistic games.
The big thing is that Nintendo has all that musical and creative art direction talent and connections under its wing, with multiple decades of experience and development, all specialized for Nintendo's gaming philosophy and good at what they are doing.
You can't get the same or superior on the PC, because the environment and culture is completely different.

Sony and Microsoft on the other hand are more open and oriented at Western gaming where PC dominates, ergo the ecosystems are pretty much equal and your argument does apply there.

However Nintendo have completely fucked up in the past decade. That's about all that can be said.
>>
>>53648507
>>53651855

>Prototype controller of new upcoming console device
>Not technology
>>
The fucking future is bright
>>
>>53651365

>he has never played a WiiU fame
>all these bullshit opinions
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.