[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a moto g 3rd gen. I'm going to use it on my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: motog.jpg (230 KB, 1421x800) Image search: [Google]
motog.jpg
230 KB, 1421x800
I just bought a moto g 3rd gen.
I'm going to use it on my motorcycle, for navigation.
I was wondering, do you think it would survive rain on a motorcycle? Will the increased air pressure of high speeds push water into bad places? Light showers should be ok right?
Also, what are some useful things i should know about the phone? any tips?
>>
OP, I like that you took the time to make a picture that includes both your moto g and a motorcycle. Commends all around
>>
I dropped my first gen Moto G into a swimming pool, fished it up from the bottom, dried it out and it was fine. You got nothing to worry about senpai.
>>
>>53633751
I would imagine it'd be fine so long as it's not POURING, in which case, you shouldn't even be driving a motorcycle in the first place
>>
you can also get a water resistant case since your going to need to mount it to your bike
>>
old bikefag here, just get a cheap gps and keep it mounted. if it looks like it's gonna rain, just slip a sandwich bag over it. plug it up via 12v adapter to your battery.

if you go down you'll wish it was your cheap 50 dollar used gps instead of your phone.

did this for years with the cheap garmin nuvi's. they'd last a year or so and i'd just buy another one at the pawn shop. the proper garmin bike gps are pretty expensive but totally worth it if you're not cheap. i'd rather spend money on tires.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.